This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

In college, it’s extremely important to make healthy choices when it comes to eating. Our busy schedules keep us on the run which makes it difficult at times, but if we prepare, we can make sure we all are well-nourished throughout our busy days.

Fortunately, here at Tulane University, there are plenty of grocery stores that allow students to embrace healthy eating with delicious snacks. Now that I’m a sophomore, I know which are my favorite filling snacks to keep both in my dorm room and with me throughout the day.

Here’s a list of some refrigerated and dry snacks that I keep in my dorm room and some go-to items I like to keep in my backpack to snack on during the day. I recommend these to all students who also want to maintain a healthy lifestyle like me.

Dorm room:

Organic Chickpea Puffs Hippeas (vegan white cheddar’s my favorite!)

Baby carrots and hummus

Rice cakes with sliced turkey and Babybell Cheese

GG crackers with organic almond butter and banana

Chobani Yogurts with raspberries, blueberries and Purely Elizabeth Granola

Undercover Quinoa

Barkthins

Backpack:

Kind Bars Rx Bars (great source of protein!)

Quest Bars (love Cookies & Cream)

Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain Bars

Nature Valley Granola Bars

Skinny Pop popcorn

Veggie Straws

Almonds

Bottled Water (this is a must to stay hydrated throughout the day)

Having a substantial amount of snacks that are both yummy and healthy will reduce students’ stress levels and allow them to stick to a healthy lifestyle while having fun at college!

Chelsea Buda Oceanside, NY Junior
Her Campus Tulane