Campus Celebrity: Rhea Lewis

Name: Rhea Lewis

Hometown: Middleton, MA

Year: Junior

Major: Public Health and minoring in Social Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship (SISE)

What I’m Involved in at Tulane: I’ve been a member of Alpha Kappa Psi since sophomore year. Last spring I learned about Girls on the Run through CPS and am coaching my second season. Additionally, I’m a huge fan of FAQ, Dean’s Coffee Hour, and Homecoming Week.

Favorite Things to Do in New Orleans: Listening to live music of any kind, eating beignets at Cafe du Monde, strolling down Royal Street or Magazine Street on pretty afternoons, running in Audubon Park.

Favorite Restaurant in New Orleans: Very tough question especially since I’ve been trying to eat somewhere new every time I go out…I’m going to break it down by meal. Breakfast: Surrey’s Uptown, Lunch: District Donuts, Dinner: Palace Cafe.

Favorite Memory during Mardi Gras: One of my favorite memories was the mixture of triumph and surprise that I felt when my friends and I arrived at Lee Circle (on time!!) for Endymion last year.

Most Exciting Night at Tulane: Right before Valentine’s day freshman year, my friend found about a Mardi Gras costume contest on campus and we entered on a whim. We both won tickets to a Drake concert that night, stood at the very front, and got to see him perform at the House of Blues. My expectations for Valentine’s Day have never been the same.

What I Would Say to Myself as a Freshman/ Advice to Incoming Freshmen: Don’t be afraid to venture out of your comfort zone and make an effort to meet new people throughout your time at college. Remember to call your parents and keep in touch with those from home.

Most Important Lessons I’ve Learned in College: College is a precious four years so allow yourself to be happy, challenged, and motivated. After moving to New Orleans, I appreciate my parents and siblings infinitely more.

What I Hope to Do After College: Become a doctor, work in a community health setting, live abroad, start a social venture (in no particular order).

Asia Bradlee is a senior studying Public Health and English at Tulane University. She grew up in Boston, MA and has a passion for health and wellness writing. Asia has experience at Boston Magazine as the digital health intern and maintains her own wellness blog, Healthy, Hungry, Happy.