Baron Batch, Just Another Athlete?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TX Tech chapter.

Baron Batch

Born December 21, 1987 in Midland, Texas. Not too far from Lubbock. Baron Batch is a football star, Texas Tech alumni, and so much more. Not only is he a marvelous athlete, but he is incredibly humble, giving, and God-fearing.
Batch had a wonderful athletic career at Texas Tech.  I won’t get into the statistics or logistics of the game for those of you who aren’t big football fans. Just know that he is better that average.

In 2010 when Batch graduated, with a degree in Communications, he was Tech’s 8th-ranked-all-time leader in rushing with 2,501 yards. He was, soon after graduation, drafted 7th round, 23rd over all by the Pittsburg Steelers. I can only imagine the excitement of someone’s biggest dream coming true especially so early in life.
Sadly Batch has torn his ACL, has recently undergone surgery, and is recovering. He was officially placed on Injury Reserve on August 28, 2011. Which he says simply means the only thing he cannot do is play. He can still attend team meetings and practice as well as any other events.
He seems to be in high spirits. Still being apart of the team and anticipating his big come back to the game next year. I wish his all the best in his career. 

Jaira is a student at Texas Tech University in her last year.