Life > Academics

The Best Places for a Photoshoot at Temple University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Start the school year off with a new Instagram!

In person classes are back and it’s now the perfect time to experience Temple’s campus. Despite being in the middle of a city, Temple has lots of scenic places to help spice up your social media. Not only are there beautiful places for pictures, they also double as great study and meet up spots. Temple has a mix of classic and modern buildings. It’s a great place where you can find nature among a city as well. As the year goes on, here’s a bunch of places to brag about on your next college photo dump!

1. O’Connor Plaza

No Temple list is complete without this classic outdoor area. Right in the middle of campus lies O’Connor Plaza. Here you can find a bunch of classic photo spots, like the main owl statue that your parents probably made you take a picture in front of on move in week. O’Connor Plaza also has fountains, different places to sit, and a garden. Here you can get candid study pictures or shots of the surrounding buildings.

2. The Bell Tower

Only a few steps from O’Connor Plaza stands the Bell Tower. This is another iconic Temple spot for the obligatory beginning of school photos. At night, the tower is lit up adding cool lighting to your pictures. The 360 setting allows you to get pictures with different Temple backgrounds. Also, students often sit around the bottom of the tower so, experimenting with unique angles is a must if you visit this location.

3. Charles Library

Right in between O’Connor and the Bell Tower is Temple’s main library, the Charles Library. Not only is it a great place to study and finish homework, there is plenty of outdoor seating for pictures. At the entrances you can find high overhangs that remind me of something I’d see in Disney World. Charles Library is a great place to shoot graduation pictures and your needed daily ‘fit checks.

4. Morgan Hall Courtyard

Looking for a city background in your pictures? Look no further than the Morgan Hall Court. Here you can find a fairly large patch of grass that lies in the middle of Morgan North and South. Residents in these halls often have LED lighting in their dorms making the buildings look like an industrial Christmas tree. Here you can get great night time or picnic shots.

5. Perseverance Conquers Sign

Located right by the Bell Tower is Temple’s motto, painted on extending walls. If you can’t make the trip to California to pose in front of the famous Pink Wall, you’re in luck, Temple has something similar right in the middle of campus. Here you can get shots without that city hustle and bustle surrounding you. Pick a wall with your favorite shade of pink or red and you have the ideal solid background. The walls ascend diagonally so you can do a sitting or standing shot, or both!

Temple’s campus is untraditional, but that’s what makes it amazing. Students on campus often pull off some fun outfits, so if you and your friends are looking for a way to show off your recent haul, take a walk around campus and show off to everyone on campus!

Jeanne Burge

Temple '24

Jeanne is a sophomore Journalism major at Temple University. She is from Wallingford, PA.