Temple President Ann Weaver-Hart will resign June 30, 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

This just in-according to Temple University Communications, Temple President Ann Weaver-Hart announced on Friday that she will resign on June 30, 2012 after six years of leadership. 

After much thought and consideration, I have decided to step down as president of Temple University, effective June 30, 2012.  I am tremendously proud to have served as Temple’s president and did not come to this decision lightly,” said Hart. “I have treasured my time at Temple and am proud to have been a part of this extraordinary academic community, which is so central to the vibrant future of our city, region, nation and world.”

According to the article, Hart decided to step down to be closer to her family in Utah.

She felt that it was important to make this announcement in the beginning of the year so that the Temple Board of Trustees would have time to find another suitable president for the University.

For more information about Ann Weaver-Hart’s resignation, click here: http://www.temple.edu/newsroom/2011_2012/09/stories/AnnWeaverHart.htm

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!