Meet Our Bachelors: Jose Rodriguez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

This semester, Her Campus Temple is teaming up with Alpha Xi Delta to host a date auction. We’ve done it in the past, but this year is different. Temple hottest bachelors, including fraternity men, athletes and Owl Team leaders are up for a date with the highest bidders. Until the auction starts, we’re going to be giving you brief profiles on each of the contestants, so you can get to know more about them.

All of the money raised will go directly to Autism Speaks, Alpha Xi Delta’s national philanthropy!

Name: Jose Rodriguez 
Age: 22
Major: Communication Studies 
Year: Senior 

Why would someone bid on you in the Win-a-Date Auction: Because the cause that it is going towards in Autism Speaks is tremendous, especially since I have a family member who has Autism.  Secondly, I’m the type who likes to meet new people and regardless of what the date is I like to make the most of it.

Describe your ideal dream date if you HAD to stay on campus: Well if of age, go to dinner at Masters, follow by some drinks and dance the night away with a performance from Cruzko. If she’s underage, still going to dinner (people got to eat am I right?) follow by a walk through campus getting to know each other and ending off at the beach with a blanket on the ground. Candles around the blanket with a speaker bumping “Middle” by DJ Snake. There the stargazing begins. 

What was the worst date you have ever been on?: Having my car break down towards the end of the date, and my date’s mother coming to pick us up in her van. (It was embarrassing, but at the same time funny because we all laughed about it)
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.