Meet our 2013 Executive Board!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Her Campus Temple is back and better than ever! With an executive board of 14 beautiful, spunky, creative, intelligent, comical, lovely and enthusiastic women, there is no way that Temple University won’t have Her Campus fever by the time we are through. 

Meet the 2013 Executive Board!

Layla Jones, Editor of Campus Life/News

Layla Jones is part of the class of 2014 and is studying Magazine Journalism with a minor in Political Science. She is the editor of Campus Life/News for Her Campus Temple and has interned for Fierce Government in Washington, DC and the Philadelphia Inquirer. Layla can be found blogging at fashionaspolitical.tumblr.com where she writes about everything from designer clothing to celebrities. For fun, Layla loves singing, shopping, working out, going out with friends and playing instruments. She plays the piano, guitar and violin!

Jennifer Nguyen, Co-editor of Fashion & Beauty

Jenn Nguyen is a junior studying magazine journalism. She was born in Philadelphia and raised in Bucks County, PA, and absolutely loves being a Temple Owl. One of her most memorable college experiences was studying in London for a semester, and she hopes to return to England in the near future. Jenn has been a fashion & beauty editor since her freshman year of college and has always been proud to be a part of HCTU. Her idols include Tina Fey, Hillary Clinton, and Beyoncé. If being a journalist in New York City is her dream, then being the head writer of Saturday Night Live would be her dream career within the dream. She is passionate about learning more about the world and helping others have their voices heard. When Jenn is not “studying” or doing homework, she is watching Bravo TV reality shows (Real Housewives of Atlanta is a particular favorite), internet window shopping, and finding the perfect macaron recipe.

[pagebreak]

Eleana Wehr, Co-editor of Fashion & Beauty

Eleana Wehr is a Co-Editor of Fashion & Beauty. She started as a staff writer for Fashion & Beauty during 2011 when she joined the organization. As a junior Communication Studies major and Business minor, she also serves as Managing Editor of Templar, Temple’s Annual Yearbook. Eleana is interested in all aspects of the city life and Philadelphia, especially exploring the city’s many landmarks, museums, restaurants, coffee shops and parks. Being very passionate about writing, Eleana loves working with the rest of the HCTU staff to generate ideas for content and events for Temple students. Striving to help make the media a positive aspect of society, she hopes to one day work for a major publication or network.

She can be reached by email at eleana.wehr@temple.edu.

Nia Prater, Editor Arts & Entertainment

Nia Prater is a junior that’s majoring in Journalism and minoring in Political Science. Her biggest dream is to be an editor at one of the world’s largest magazines. In her spare time, Nia loves towatch classic movies and discover bands she’s never heard of before.

[pagebreak]

Lindsey Murray, Editor of Health & Fitness

Lindsey Murray is currently a sophomore journalism student at Temple University with a great passion for everything health and fitness! In addition to being the Her Campus Health and Fitness editor she has also interned with the fitness blog GetFitGetLife.org and Philadelphia Magazine’s Be Well Philly. She is also a co-editor of the website Studentsofthegames.com. In her free time, Lindsey loves to bake and go on adventures through out the city!

Shanee Satchell, TSG Representative & Events Coordianator

Shanee Satchell is from Laurel, MD and is 21 (almost 22) years old. Her major is Secondary Education/Mathematics. She enjoys reading and sleeping, both of which she does daily. When asked, her favorite part of being a part of HerCampus Temple, is planning the events and hanging out with the lovely ladies of the executive board. Her favorite online magazine (after HerCampus of course) is xoJane.com.

[pagebreak]

Keisha Gilkes, Chair of Community Service

Chikira Bennett, Co-Chair of Her Campus Temple TV

Chikira Bennett is currently a junior studying film and english at Temple University with the goal of eventually becoming a director and screenwriter.  She believes that everyone has a story and loves to share her own.  Being given the opportunity to lead Her Campus Temple TV is a step in the direction of sharing her vision with a group of females who invest their time in the empowerment of young women everywhere.

[pagebreak]

Julie Monteleone, Co-chair of Her Campus Temple TV

Juliette is a Senior Media Studies and Production major and co-chair of Her Campus TV. Aside from aiding in the production of Her Campus videos, she enjoys thrift store shopping and making what’s old, tattered or out of style into something new and fabulous. Juliette tries to dabble in all things creative or which require imagination. Gregarious and easy-going, Juliette loves meeting new people, trying new things, and sharing those experiences with those around her. 

Imani Abdus-Saboor, Chair of Photography

Imani Abdus-Saboor is a junior magazine journalism major at Temple University. Although fashion is her niche, she also enjoys photography, with hopes of one day not only writing for Harper’s Bazaar, but also shooting editorials with greats like Terry Richardson. While she’s not out with her Nikon or studying French, Imani loves to watch movies, and try new restaurants in the city.

[pagebreak]

Marissa Nicole Pina, Staff Writer for Fashion & Beauty

Marissa Nicole Pina is a sophomore at Temple University; she is currently studying Photojournalism and is a staff writer for fashion and beauty at Her Campus. In a few years Marissa hopes to be a fashion photographer and writer for a fashion magazine and working her way to a position as a photo editor in New York City. Marissa can be found around campus or the city of Philadelphia with her cameras in hand asking to take photos of people’s outfits. She loves a sense of adventure and pours over fashion blogs in her spare time while sipping a cup of tea. Marissa writes articles weekly on topics varying around fashion and beauty and also photographs for Her Campus. She first became involved her freshman year and still loves everything that Her Campus embodies.

Andrea Cox, Staff Writer for Health & Fitness

Andrea Cox is a sophomore at Temple University where she is majoring in Kinesiology with a minor in Healthcare Management. Originally hailing from Queens, New York, she’s no stranger to the city life! Andrea is currently an intern for Pretty Girls Sweat, an organization that motivates young girls to stay active and participate in organized sports. Her aspirations include attending graduate school and promoting healthy lifestyles among today’s youth. In her spare time she enjoys exercising, cooking, writing, spending time with loved ones, and traveling.  As an avid fitness enthusiast, she loves her position as staff writer of health & fitness for Her Campus!!

[pagebreak]

Kaitlin Manion, Staff Writer for Arts & Entertainment

Kaitlin is a freshman Journalism and Political Science double major. This Pittsburgh native loves writing, fashion, and the Pittsburgh Penguins. She is new to Her Campus Temple as the Arts & Entertainment writer and is new to Philadelphia, as well. One thing she has always loved about Her Campus Temple is that it has always centered around what actual students are saying, doing, and thinking, not just the generic college issues. As she explores the city of Philadelphia for the best concerts, events, movies and ways to have fun during the stressful college times, she will bring her readers with her.  In the future, Kaitlin hopes to attend law school for fashion copyright and live happily ever after with Channing Tatum.

President, Jaimee A. Swift

Jaimee Swift is a Senior Communications major. She has been President of Her Campus Temple since her sophomore year and loves the organization with all of her heart. She has many goals and dreams but one of her dreams is to become a Foreign Service Officer, so she can aid others not only at home but abroad as well. She eventually wants to become a Foreign Correspondent. She spends her free time collecting and listening to vinyls, writing in her journal, dancing in her room like Beyonce and laughing as much as she can. Swift desires to give back to her community. She believes that love is always the movement and wants to revolutionize the world. 

Photo Credits: TomMixPhotography 

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!