Harry Styles performing at Harry Styles: Love On Tour.
Original photo by Olivia Slater

I Went to Harry Styles Love on Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

After buying concert tickets in 2019, I finally got the chance to see Harry Styles on tour again. Here’s how it went and what to expect.

Fine Line, Harry Styles’ second album, was a viral sensation when it was released nearly two years ago. Social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram were buzzing with love from Harries all over the world. It’s no surprise, then, that tickets for his subsequent tour spurred up an even louder reaction. I woke up extra early the day his tour tickets went on sale, securing them in my 9am class. 

When the pandemic hit mere months before my concert, I was devastated – feeling like I’d lost my chance to see Harry, entirely. After hearing he rescheduled his tour with new dates, I made it a point to keep the date in mind at all times: Sept. 17, 2021 at the Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center. 

For months, I thought about the concert. What will I wear? What will he sing? How do I prepare? Though I’ve been to four One Direction concerts and Harry’s debut tour, each event was a completely unique experience.

Here’s some of what went through my mind, while preparing, that you might be overthinking, too.

What To Wear

Choosing a concert outfit should be exciting. NOPE! I had no idea what I would wear to match Harry’s new fresh, funky, flared pants aesthetic. I couldn’t even pick out an outfit until the day of the concert. My advice? Wear something you like that you feel confident in. Harry’s aesthetic revolves around this idea that you should dress for yourself. It’s not about what other people are wearing, it’s about whatever you decide best represents you. So, do whatever you want and wear whatever you like! Besides, you won’t be thinking about your outfit anymore once you’ve seen his.

For myself, I stuck to my basics: a maroon sparkly bodysuit, casual jewelry, Steve Madden platform shoes, and spiral black and white flare pants — I just had to include some of the Harry aesthetic!

Arriving Early

My sister and I left an hour and a half before the 7:30pm show time and… I learned my lesson because of it. After getting slightly lost on the way there, we arrived right on time — giving us time to walk around and see all the pop-up shops but leaving us no opportunity to actually buy any of the merch.

Leave your home as early as possible!! Arriving early might not seem essential but it’s nice to have some time before you witness the legend, himself. If you’re too early, tailgate or explore until the doors open up. Plus, you’ll want that extra time before the show if you struggle with directions too. Familiarize yourself with how to get to your venue and with the venue’s interior, as well.

HARRY. EDWARD. STYLES.

Be prepared to experience two hours of pure joy and bliss. Jenny Lewis, his opening act, had a nice performance that gave off a kind of Stevie Nicks vibe but, overall, it was nothing too special. 

After the opening act and leading up to Harry’s entrance, random songs played throughout the stadium. The best part was all the old One Direction songs that played. The whole crowd sang along to them and there was so much energy and passion. The venue felt like it was filled with a close-knit community of old and new directioners.

And then, he appeared. The setlist began with “Golden” — an amazing start to an unforgettable show. The whole thing was so surreal.

Now, I’m not going to spoil the concert. You have to go yourself to experience the icon that is Harry Styles. With that said, I’ll tell you to expect songs from the One Direction era, his debut album, and nearly every song from Fine Line. Have fun and live in the moment… it’s Harry Styles!

Olivia is a Senior at Temple University. She is Majoring in advertising and pursuing a minor in public relations. She always loved writing from an early age. You can find her drinking coffee, going on hikes, or listening to Harry Styles.