HCTU Presents: Meet the Editors & Staff Writers!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Meet the  Editors & Staff Writers of Her Campus Temple University! Beautiful in every single way, these ladies are amazing and love HCTU! <3

Here are some short bios about these wonderful ladies. Enjoy! 

Maryline Dossou, Co-Editor of Fashion & Beauty

Maryline Dossou is a senior at Temple majoring in Magazine Journalism. Ultimately, her dreams are to succeed as an author, Broadway performer, motivational speaker, journalist, humanitarian, and much more. This may seem like a lot, but for someone who has accomplished everything she’s ever put her mind to, Maryline is unstoppable and insatiable. Her hunger for learning, writing, proper spelling and grammar, and empowering women has led her to Her Campus, and she loves her role here. She also dedicates her time to being an editor for Temple’s yearbook, a writer for the Temple News, a Diamond Leader with the Office of Leadership Development, and servicing the Philadelphia community.In her spare time, you can find her goofing off with any and every one, talking in the third person, and trying to catch up on sleep. She also has a blog, the Cherry Monroe Chronicles, and feels no shame in plugging it: marylinesays.blogspot.com.

Jennifer Nguyen, Co-Editor of Fashion & Beauty

Jenn Nguyen is a beauty and fashion editor for Her Campus Temple University. She is currently a sophomore studying magazine journalism and Spanish. Along with many sartorial indulgences, Jenn loves coffee, boy bands, intriguing travels, Mexican food, and a beautiful game called soccer. She is a francophile who can’t really speak French (yet), but can roll her Spanish Rs quite impressively. In another life, Jenn would be an international pop star, New York Times bestselling author, and critically acclaimed comedy writer. All at once. But in this life, she hopes to find any job in the journalism field that doesn’t limit her food budget to canned beans and ramen. 

Andrea Cicio, Editor of Arts & Entertainment
Andrea is a sophomore Advertising major at Temple University. Hailing from Long Island, New
 York, she loves every moment in Philadelphia; especially because she’s always wanted to live in the city. Since childhood, Andrea has religiously read, and been intrigued by magazines, so she’s ecstatic that Her Campus gives her a chance to be involved in the editing and production aspects of magazine life. Andrea’s life would not be complete without Starbucks, her MacBook, Nutella, or her addiction to Sephora and all things cosmetic. She also suffers from an unhealthy obsession with John Mayer.

Melissa Straube, Editor of Campus Life/News
Melisa Straube is currently a senior Magazine Journalism major at Temple University. Her passion for writing and eager desire to inspire others has led her to a career in journalism. Originally from a small suburb outside of Philadelphia, she has big dreams to one day hold an editor position at a major 
magazine publication. She hopes to one day publish a novel, travel the world and interview Chris Martin from Coldplay. If she isn’t writing or reading a magazine, you can find her looking up cheesy love quotes, listening to music, exploring Philadelphia, eating blueberries, watching Friends or spending time with her beloved sister. She is delighted to be a part of Her Campus Temple University.

Cary Carr, Editor of Health & Fitness

Cary Carr is a junior journalism major with a minor in public health at Temple University.From Ridley, Pennsylvania, she has always been fascinated with both writing and dance. She hopes to write for a health and fitness publication in New York one day and go to graduate school for nutrition. So far, Cary has interned at Philadelphia Weekly as well as Philadelphia Magazine. She also writes for the Temple News, JUMP Magazine and regularly contributes to Be Well Philly, Philadelphia Magazine’s health blog.

Additionally, Cary is a member of the Philadelphia Wings Angels Dance Team and performs at the Wells Fargo Center every lacrosse season. If you can’t find her at the gym, in dance practice or studying, Cary is most likely spending her time drinking iced coffee and laughing with her friends.

Jaimee Swift, President & Campus Correspondent

Jaimee Swift is a junior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strived to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!

Layla Jones, Staff Writer, Campus Life/News
Layla Jones is a class of 2014 magazine journalism major. She has been part of Hercampus Temple for
 two semesters, starting as a freshman freelance writer. Now, Layla is a staff writer for Hercampus Temple, Campus Life/News section. Though she is passionate about music (she plays two instruments and sings) and fashion, Layla enjoys writing about news and politics the most. She is minoring in political science and hopes to eventually write for Newsweek or Time magazine. Outside of journalism, Layla loves all types of music, especially jazz and alternative, spending time with friends and family and going out to various places in the city. Thrift shopping, finding cheap activities in the city, practicing yoga and playing music are a few of the Maryland natives favorite past times. Layla hopes to continue to work with Hercampus and other news outlet opportunities presented.

Breanne Pfeffer Staff Writer, Health and Fitness

Breanne Pfeffer is a sophomore Communications and Political Science major with a minor in Spanish at Temple University. She is from EastonPennsylvania and loves all that the city of Philadelphia has to offer. She not only has a passion for writing but she also has an interest in public relations and law. Although Breanne is unsure of what she wants to do career wise, she knows that she wants to work to benefit others. Breanne loves to laugh all day everyday, watch movies like it’s her job and exercise. She is proud to be a health and fitness staff writer at Her Campus and plans to use the skills she develops here in her future endeavors.

Nia Prater, Staff Writer, Arts & Entertainment
Nia Prater is a sophomore Journalism major. Her biggest dream is to write as either a film or music critic for a major magazine or newspaper. Her hobbies include reading, playing piano, and being obsessed with jasmine green tea. Nia is so excited to be a part of her Campus Temple and hopes to bring her wide interests and her love of all things Arts and Entertainment to everything she writes. 

Cindy Stansbury, Staff Writer, Campus Life/News
 Cindy Stansbury is a freshman Journalism Major at Temple University. Someday she dreams to write for Time magazine and change the world with her writing. In that time she would also like to pursue her passion for singing and possibly write a book or two. Ultimately Cindy
is going to make her mark on the world one way or another, so keep your eyes out for her.  She was originally born in Knoxville, Tennessee but grew up in Marlton, New Jersey. Cindy loves listening to Frank Sinatra, old style movies/music/buildings/anything :), reading the paper, coffee, cookie dough ice cream, music, history, running and scented candles. She has been writing for as long she can remember constantly doodling stories on anything from the backs of worksheets, to post-its, to notebooks- it’s just who she is. Thats why she is so thankful to have found a place at Her Campus- a place to express herself! 

Alysia Lester, Staff Writer, Arts & Entertainment

Alysia Lester is a junior at Temple University, where she is majoring in Communications and minoring in Sociology.  Born and raised in the city of Philadelphia, she loves her hometown and the diversity that accompanies it.  An avid reader and writer, Alysia enjoys reading anything by Iyanla Vanzant and Hill Harper. When she isn’t consumed with classes and writing articles, she loves to spend time with her family and friends, being silly, and eating a variety of food! Her future goals are to become a journalist, and eventually own her own media company. She also wants to become a best-selling author! But above all, she wants to be successful with anything she sets her mind to.

Eleana Wehr, Staff Writer, Fashion & Beauty

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!