8 Guys You’ll Find at Temple University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.
1. The über chill guy smoking hookah on Beury Beach

Don’t lie because you know you’ve seen him lying out on the Beach without a care in the world. The real question is: does he even go to class?  

2. The all-too enthusiastic frat boy

His pink polo is way too bright for that 8 a.m., and he’s always wearing those same Sperry shoes. You often wonder how they stay so nice when he wears them to ZBT every weekend.

3. The football player

He’s always carrying a gallon water jug. Every article of clothing advertises his athleticism, and don’t even get me started about those Under Armour backpacks. But it’s okay because we’re 7-0.

4. The hipster musician that’s holding a puppy

TU Alert: Don’t be fooled. The puppy is only there to get you to approach the boy. Avoid the area or approach with caution. Area may not be safe. Temple related.

5. The GBF (gay best friend)

He’s there for you when you need a (fashionable) shoulder to cry on, style advice or to roast the boy that just broke your heart. He’ll binge on pizza with you, and then go to the IBC’s 7 p.m. yoga class with you to burn it off.

6. The Fox boy

How do you spot a Fox boy? Well, he’s always wearing a suit. And man does he look good in it.

7. The longboarder

You have probably been in a near-death situation with one of these guys. They fly down Liacouras and Polett like it’s no big deal. It’s fine boys; it’s not like I was trying to get to class alive or anything. 

8. The academic

You hate him because he acts so arrogant, but love him because he answers all the professor’s questions so you don’t have to bother answering.
Temple University, 2019. Magazine journalist and editor, fitness instructor, health and wellness enthusiast. Proponent of lists, Jesus, and the Oxford comma. Will do anything for an iced oatmilk latte. Follow my journey: Twitter + Instagram: @sarah_madaus
Logan is a junior journalism major, and serves as Campus Correspondent.  She is also the proud president of Delta Phi Epsilon, Delta Nu, her sorority. Logan is typically super busy, but still dedicates hours to reading a Cosmo from front to back...twice. Logan loves all things social media, especially following puppy accounts on Instagram. Her dream is to break into the magazine industry and help empower other women to pursue their dreams, whatever that may be.