This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

I used to hate the idea of listening to audiobooks while I was driving, I pigeon-holed myself into only listening to music whenever I was in the car. Naturally, after months of listening to the same few playlists on my phone, I got bored. That’s when I decided to give podcasts a try, and I’ve been hooked ever since. At first, picking a podcast to listen to can seem kind of daunting, there are thousands of options and a lot goes into your listening experience. Here are my top five podcasts that never fail to keep me entertained. 

1. The Morning Toast

IMG Source

I figured I should start with this one because the amazing thing about it is that it uploads every morning (on weekdays). Jackie O. and Claudia (Girl with No Job), host this show and each day they tackle what’s going on in pop culture and what’s trending that day. It lets you start your morning getting the run-down on everything you need to know about what’s trending. 

Some days are slower entertainment news days than others, but it never feels like that with the effortless back and forth that Jackie and Claudia offer. This show combines a casual yet professional feel that keeps you up to date on what’s happening in entertainment news brought to you by two best friends who make you feel like you’re a part of the conversation.  

2. The Skinny Confidential Him&Her Podcast

IMG Source 

This was one of the first podcasts I ever listened to and it had me hooked from the start. Lauren Evarts and Michael Bosstick are the couple that has taken over the podcast platform. Their chemistry is obvious, however, that’s not the only appeal of this podcast.  

Lauren began with her lifestyle blog “The Skinny Confidential” and turned it into her own successful company. In short, she’s the definition of a Girl Boss. Her husband Michael is a businessman through and through and brings his professional advice to the table. The two team up to help their listeners better themselves and provide them with tools to be more successful.  

3. Life Will Be the Death of Me with Chelsea Handler

IMG Source

I’ve been a fan of Chelsea Handler for a while, so when I saw her limited series podcast, I was eager to listen. The podcast accompanies her newest book “Life Will Be the Death of Me…and you too!” that takes on her journey of starting therapy and confronting her past. 

Chelsea is known for being blunt and listening to her witty discussions about social and political issues is a great way to pass the time. This podcast is great for anyone looking to learn more about controversial issues going on in a light-hearted way. 

4. The Tim Ferriss Show

IMG Source

This podcast is the only business-centered podcast that I find myself hanging onto every word. I found his podcast a few months ago and I was originally hesitant when I saw it was business-related. What I realized very quickly, was that this podcast is not just about business in the sense of companies and corporations.

In Tim Ferriss’s words, in each episode, he “deconstructs world-class performers from eclectic areas to extract the tactics, tools, and routines you can use.” Anyone who hopes to learn more about all areas of business/entertainment should listen to this podcast for tips on leading a more successful life.  

5. VIEWS: David Dobrik and Jason Nash

IMG Source

While the other podcasts on this list aim to help listeners better themselves or learn more about a topic, this podcast is purely for entertainment and enjoyment. For those who don’t know, David Dobrik is a YouTuber who is known for giving away cars and money. 

On their podcast, David and fellow vlogger, Jason Nash, talk about anything and everything (and I mean, EVERYTHING) and their hilarious back and forth keep you engaged for the entire duration of the podcast. 

Every podcast on this list holds a rating of over 4.5 stars out of 5 and are usually ranked in the top ten of their respective categories. I try and listen to podcasts that benefit me in some way, whether it’s helping me learn more about pop culture, business, or just listening for pure entertainment. It’s all about figuring out what you like and what you want to take away from what you’re listening to.

Journalism Major and Communications Studies Minor at The College of New Jersey, Class of 2022.
President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!