Staple Clothing Pieces for College Students

As the fall semester kicks off and the cold weather approaches, it becomes more and more difficult to put outfits together; however, if you have these staple wardrobe items, you're sure to look on-point with ease.

1. Denim jacket

This 90's era trend is back with a vengeance as this clothing item is present on both the runways and on the streets. However, the updated version of this piece features accents such as patches and rips.

Source: Nordstrom, Buy it here

Source: Rue 21, Buy it here

2. Striped shirt

This classic piece can compliment nearly every individual; however, the key to acing this look is purchasing a top with horizontal stripes. What’s in right now is unique variations on the standard striped top, such as ruffles.

Source: Nordstrom, Buy it here

Source: ASOS, Buy it here

3. Off-the-shoulder top

This top is not only universally flattering, but also can be easily dressed up or down. Plus, it gives you the opportunity to show off your perfect shoulders!

Source: Tobi, Buy it here

4. Chunky Cardigan

For those fall days where wearing a jacket seems too extreme, this is the perfect substitute. Not only does this item blend seamlessly with any outfit, but it makes it much more comfortable.

Source: Forever 21, Buy it here

5. Simple Accessories

Whether it is a simple watch or a choker, these dainty items can easily elevate your look and make you seem more put together!

Source: Nordstrom, Buy it here

Source: Tobi, Buy it here

Cover Image Source: Diana Elizabeth