StO-Style: “No Shiver November” -The perfect knitwear for (almost) winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hi fashionistas!

Minnesota winter is coming! That means snow, mittens, hot chocolate, Christmas Fest and stylish sweaters! I love the versatility of a sweater – worn organically or layered over a collared shirt, dress, skirt or tee  – there are endless options to choose from! So, cozy up and take a peek at some of these (almost) winter sweater inspirations! Also, find ideas for the best place to buy these types of sweaters (countdown to Black Friday, anyone?).

Oversized

What’s better than throwing on a warm, oversized sweater? Simply pair it with denim, boots, a scarf, warm socks, and your outfit is complete. Oversized sweaters give a cozy-cute vibe and are perfect for those lazy wardrobe days or chilly weekends. 

Places to look for an oversized sweater: Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, H&M, Gap

Patterned

With a patterned sweater, you have the ability to let your personal style shine. Think graphic print, horizontal stripes, subtle grading, or a cute Norwegian-style print (Um Ya Ya!). 

Places to look for a patterned sweater: Madewell, Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, Gap

[pagebreak]

Turtleneck

The right turtleneck sweater could turn into your favorite wardrobe piece this winter. Add your own style to it by wearing a statement necklace, glasses or a denim vest with it. Don’t think that turtleneck sweaters are out of style – there are a lot of fashionable ones out there! 

Places to look for a stylish turtleneck sweater: Madewell, H&M, J.Crew

Embellished

Add some excitement to your outfit by finding a sweater with some embellishment. This could be buttons, sequence, intricate stitching, elbow patches or any other subtle statement. 

Places to look for an embellished sweater: H&M, Anthropologie, LOFT, J.Crew

Cardigan

Cardigans are wonderful pieces for layering and adding dimension to your outfit. They provide a preppy-vibe that is perfect for pairing with a collared shirt, chambray or simple tee.  

Places to look for a cardigan sweater: J.Crew, H&M, Forever 21, LOFT 

Cuddle up in your toasty-warm sweater this winter!

Stay fashionable, Oles! 

Cover, Oversized1, Oversized2, Patterned1, Patterned2, Turtleneck1, Turtleneck2, Embellished1, Embellished2, Cardigan1, Cardigan2

Kate Roy is a junior, Psychology and Dance double major at St. Olaf College. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing, editing, and helping her fellow Oles get their voices heard. Kate is involved in CompanyDance, the modern dance company at St. Olaf. In her free time, Kate loves to spend time with friends, listen to music, browse Her Campus, flip through fashion magazines, and eat chocolate.  Kate is a fashionista and has a passion for all things dealing with fashion. She works at Madewell, and enjoys getting experience in the fashion world. Kate headed the Her Campus St. Olaf College style blog, StO-Style (now Snapshot), for the 2013-2014 school year. She loved this position and hopes to continue her fashion writing in the future. Kate is extrememly excited to share the position of Campus Correspondent for the 2014-2015 school year and expand her involvement with St. Olaf's Her Campus Chapter.