This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

During Quarantine, I knew that I wanted to start up journaling to document my time and to continue my journey of self-care. The members of HC at St. Law U have written multiple articles in the past about self-care and how journaling has benefitted them. Well, I took it upon myself to start a journaling process with someone on Instagram!

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PROMPTS I USE:  https://www.instagram.com/p/CECJ2KwpWML/

Catherine Drinker (@lifestylewithcath on Instagram) was recommended to me by a friend who started her experience with journaling before the above-mentioned 30 Day Journaling Challenge.

Every day the prompts start with “Intentions for the Day” and ends with “Future Goals/Manifestations”. For the “Intentions for the Day” prompts, as a college student, these answers don’t change much as I’ve got projects, essays, and exams to prepare for. For the future goal/manifestation prompts, as a Senior in college, I will write, “I want to be proud of…”, “I will work hard towards [X goal].”

Every Monday, the prompts are about “Self Care”, an absolute favorite of mine. Examples of these questions include, “How do you feel when you implement movement into your day to day lifestyle,” or (an example from September 19, 2020) is “Reflect on your name, what is the origin of your name? Is it a family name? Why was it given to you?”

Every Tuesday, the prompts are about maintaining a “Balanced Lifestyle”. I love this prompt because it reminds me that I have to maintain the said lifestyle and I often neglect the importance of it because I get overwhelmed with the work I receive and have to do. But, that’s what journaling is all about, right? These prompts include, “How do you feel when you take the time to do nice things for yourself?” or “Why do you think there are days when you don’t value taking the time to do nice things for yourself? (*And don’t say you don’t have enough time!).

Every Wednesday, the prompts are about your “Dreams + Goals”. These prompts encourage you to engage in forward-thinking and allow you to better understand where you are in life now, where you want to go, and how to cross that bridge from where you are now to your goal! These prompts include, for example, “Everyone has different expectations or goals when it comes to their love life, reflect on your future goals when it comes to a partnership. What does that look like for you?”

Every Thursday, the prompts are about “Reflections”. This could mean you are reflecting on weekly-experiences or life experiences. I’ve said it for all of the prompts, I know, but I love these prompts too because they allow you to reminisce on life and it’s somewhat related to gratitude as well. Prompts for this theme include, “Reflect on a past relationship (romantic or friendship), why are you no longer in that relationship?” and “What did you learn about yourself through that relationship experience?”

Every Friday, the prompts are about “Gratitude”, another personal favorite of mine! I always emphasize to my friends and family how important it is to express your gratitude and I even learned during my semester abroad in my Positive Psychology course, that practicing gratitude has very impressive health benefits for those who do practice it. Prompts for this theme include, “Reflect on at least 2 things you have in your life that others do not.” and “How does it make you feel knowing you are blessed?”. These prompts never fail to keep me humble and level headed.

Every Saturday, the prompts are about “Get To Know You” and ask you to get to know yourself. I think these prompts are intriguing as they focus on different aspects of yourself and can range in questions. This past week the prompt was, “Read your horoscope for the day. How does it relate to your life at the moment?” and “What characteristics of your zodiac sign do you resonate with most?”

Every Sunday is a “break day” on which, if you really want a 7-day streak of journaling, you can find different journal entries for yourself. Luckily, there are a few days/posts that she has from back in June and July 2020 that she had made for followers prior to creating/starting the 30-Day challenge.

What makes me even more excited is the fact that Cath is working on another project for us to use for our journals for even more days!

So, go find yourself a cute notebook that you have lying around the house or go out and buy an adorable notebook from Target (here) or wherever you find your notebooks.

Will you take up journaling? Let us know in our DMs, or on our Instagram!

Disclaimer: Her Campus at St. Law U is neither sponsored by nor affiliated with any brands or companies mentioned in this article.

Did you enjoy this article? Be sure to check out more of our articles and our socials! Are you interested in joining? Be sure to reach out to us on our platforms or fill out the sign-up link.

LINKS HERE: https://linktr.ee/hcstlawu

Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.