Special Senior Spotlight: Jessica Rosenau

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

A future physical therapist is rounding up her last few days at St. Kates with “no regrets.” She has successfully ended her 4 years as the class of 2017’s Salutatorian! What an accomplishment! Jessica is the current President of Lambda Sigma Tau, has been an orientation leader and is a student lab assistant in the anatomy lab. After graduation she is planning to continue her studies. What a busy bee. To be successful at St. Kate’s, Jessica has  joined clubs on campus, “The leadership roles in those groups have made me grow as a student and person. I made many connections that helped me socially and academically.”

Q: What are 2 tips you would give to Katies?

Jessica: Go outside your comfort zone and join clubs and organizations on campus. There are so many opportunities at St Kate’s that can help you find friendships and new personal qualities. And don’t be afraid to ask for help. All of the professors and staff here at St. Kate’s want to see you be successful. Their advice and support is always beneficial… Every Katie needs confidence and a sense of humor.

Q: What was your favorite campus event you have attended in your years at St. Kate’s?

Jessica: Dew Drop Bop! It is such a fun time and great way to end the academic year. Plus fair food!

How fitting since Dew Drop Bop is just around the corner! Some Lambda Sigma Tau sisters have known Jessica for all her 4 years, and others just for one. No matter how long they’ve known her, she has made a positive impact on them all.

“She is awesome and a great person to look up to! Even though she is busy, she makes time to check up on me and hang out. It means a lot.”- Freshman LST Sister

“She has done a lot for our group, she will be missed.”- Senior LST Sister

Jessica, on behalf of all the writers for Her Campus I thank you for your time and allowing us to shine our spotlight on you! Thank you for being such a wonderful sister to myself and all Lambda girls. You are such a joy to be around and you light up a room with your contagious laugh. Your leadership, loyalty and your smile will be missed.

I'm a small Hapa with big goals, on this journey called life, living in a place where the wind hurts my face & learning to become a professional people watcher. Peace and Love -Franceska Moua
Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.