samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Deal With Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

We’ve made it to the last week of classes of the year. How did that even happen? After our final week of classes comes the dreadful finals week… We’ve been procrastinating all this time not realizing how truly close we were to the end. You may be like me: unable to type away the last draft of your research paper, too busy watching Girls on HBO, and/or strolling through instagram pics of people who are already done with the school year. Well, don’t freak out just yet! I did some research on how to deal with stress and here is what I found out! 

1. Physical Activity

There are not sufficient hours in a day, but taking fifteen minutes out of your day to workout will help you alleviate some stress!

2. Sleep

Again, those all-nighters may bite you in the butt just by stressing you out even more. If you’re regular schedule is to go to bed at midnight, try resting your mind at least half an hour to an hour earlier! You’ll wake up earlier and feel a lot more at ease. 

3. Manage Your Time

Deadlines are approaching, final exams are on their way, and throughout this there are events going on! Take out your planner and PLAN your day out. It’s such a comforting thing to do as you’re able to check off everything on your list throughout the day and week. 

4. Write It Out

Ever hear about a stress journal? If you’re not comfortable expressing yourself to others, take out your pen and a notebook and write away. There’s nothing like pressing hard on a pen onto a piece of paper! 

5. Say NO

Lots of others are doing last minute things as well, so don’t get caught up on helping others because they messed up. Unless you have time, go for it, but don’t place yourself in a situation that could’ve been prevented. Learn to say no! 

6.  Avoid Caffeine

As dreadful as this sounds, caffeine will make you feel a lot more stressful, as it is a stimulant. Rather, sip up some water or herbal teas! 

Stay positive! Only two weeks to go Katies!

Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.