freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Happy (Gal)entine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

Galentine’s Day is a day for ladies to be single and appreciate one another in their friendship. Why not have a day when you can celebrate your gal’s with chocolates, wine, rom-coms, and blasting that girl power playlist. So remember, you are not alone – in fact, there are so many others out there. Don’t sit in bed with a top bun and your onesie, go out with your girls and celebrate being young and single. There’s a time for relationships, don’t worry that the time is not now for you.

Hello world! I am Samantha, and I'm a junior Journalism major and Fashion Merchandising and Apparel Design minor at Seattle Pacific University. I was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, and lived there for 16 years before moving to the PNW. I competed in figure skating for 16 years, and now teach students of all ages how to figure skate. I am is also greatly involved in the Seattle Dance community, performing on three different dance companies including Breed Seattle, Westlake Dance Theater/Twisted Elegance, and Ante-Up Performance Group. I am currently the President of an up-and-coming club at the University, Ante-Up Dance Club, that is greatly involved in on and off campus events. I love anything and everything fitness, fashion, and dance related.