Campus Profile: Bilen Yitbarek

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

SPUdent Profile: Bilen Yitbarek

Age: 21

Hometown: Las Vegas, Nevada

Major: Individual Family Development

Relationship Status: Single as a pringle!

Ideal Man: nice smile, sweet personality, but definitely has to be able to make me laugh and be willing to watch sporting events with me and cheer for whatever team I’m rooting for. 

Ideal Job: working overseas in underprivileged countries, teaching basic tools needed for day to day survival as well as personal growth as well as working with children in some shape of form. Love the little ones (:

Role Model: My parents, because they have sacrificed so much to come to this country and provide the best opportunities for my sister and I and they continually encourage me every day to be the best that I can be.

Horoscope: Pisces baby!

Hobbies: collecting snow globes from different states and countries I have traveled throughout the years. Also I enjoy hanging out with friends and being willing enough to go on random adventures. 

1. How would others describe you?

Very extroverted. Motherly. Thoughtful. Compassionate. Loud. Always able to boost a move on the dance floor #twerkteam  

2. If you were to win the lottery, what would you do with the money?

Pay off my student loans, my parent’s loans, give a substantial amount to my family in general, save some and invest, and maybe just maybe give a few hundred or so here and there to some of my favorite friends. 

3. If you visited your own funeral, what would you hope others would say about you?

That I made their lives a little brighter and made them happy whenever I was around. 

4. What are your plans after graduation?

I’ve been looking into doing some oversea work either as an English teacher with an organization and then going to graduate school, or jumping immediately into graduate school in California. 

5. If your house was on fire, what would you grab?

If my house back home was on fire, I would grab my dog CJ.  

Hello world! I am Samantha, and I'm a junior Journalism major and Fashion Merchandising and Apparel Design minor at Seattle Pacific University. I was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, and lived there for 16 years before moving to the PNW. I competed in figure skating for 16 years, and now teach students of all ages how to figure skate. I am is also greatly involved in the Seattle Dance community, performing on three different dance companies including Breed Seattle, Westlake Dance Theater/Twisted Elegance, and Ante-Up Performance Group. I am currently the President of an up-and-coming club at the University, Ante-Up Dance Club, that is greatly involved in on and off campus events. I love anything and everything fitness, fashion, and dance related.