Red Bull Can You Make It?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

How far can a can of red bull get you?

Red Bull is giving college students an opportunity to travel Europe in a unique and adventurous way. April 12, 2016 – April 19, 2016. Selected teams of three will be dropped off at one of the five starting locations in Europe and in exchange for their cash, cards, and personal cell phone– they will be given their initial 24 cans of Red Bull and a temporary phone. They will have seven days to pass through at least 6 of the checkpoints that are spread out across Europe, traveling a total of 600 miles before making it to their final destination using only red bull as their currency. Throughout the adventure Contiki Trip Managers will be giving them support and tips. At each of the checkpoints they will do a challenge that will test their mind or body, and then given more red bull cans to use on the next leg of the trip. Food, transportation, and lodging must all be paid for using the cans!   

This race will be a challenge, but it will be an experience they will never forget. Throughout the trip the teams will be completing various Adventure Tasks and posting on social media about them. The teams will be looking for support from their friends, family, and fans back home.

At the end of the trip the score for each team will be based on the Checkpoint Challenges, Adventure List tasks and Social Following gained. The winning team will receive a free trip put on by Contiki Trip Managers.

Some people may be thinking, “how could someone make it across Europe without any money?” Well, it has been done. Last year 100 teams participated in the contest and they came back with stories to tell. If you are interested in reading some of their stories you can find them at redbull.com

Interested in being a part of the experience yourself? Apply! Gather a team of three friends and make a minute-long video explain why you want to be chosen and why you would be a great team. Talk about what makes your team different, about your love for adventure, and why you would be a fun and wild team to follow. Submit your video to: redbullcanyoumakeit.com no later that February 14, 2016. The deadline is approaching, so get your team together fast!

Even if you don’t think you are up to the challenge, you can still be involved! Follow the teams on social media and watch the daily program that will follow the teams and tell their stories on Red Bull TV.

As of now, four teams from Sonoma State are applying! So stay tuned to find out if a team from our very own campus will be going on this insane adventure!

Carly is one of the CCs for Sonoma State University, and she is majoring in communications and minoring in sociology. She grew up in southern California, and even though she misses the warm beach, she really enjoys living in wine country in northern CA. She has always had a passion for writing and is so grateful that Her Campus allows her to share that love and encourage others to join in the fun.