bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Maintaining clear skin is a struggle for many people. It takes time to find what products and acts to add to your routine to give the best results. Having clear skin can boost your confidence, therefore it is highly desired. Following the advice below can improve your skin. It is all about trial and error to find what works best for you and your skin type.

Moisturizing your face and skin all over is important to add to your daily routine. This is not commonly done by most people, especially those who have combination or oily skin, it is needed for all. Retaining the moisture in the skin helps regulate the oil production produced on the top layer of the skin. Buying a moisturizer with SPF 50+ can give the moisture you need daily while also protecting you from the sun. SPF is a product that must be used with consistent use to receive the full benefits. It becomes a longer lasting product that will not need to be reapplied often and lessens the UV rays that hit your skin. With more UV rays and exposure, cancer and more commonly wrinkles, will appear. The key to avoiding this is to start young.

Drinking multiple glasses of water daily has many benefits that help flush out the toxins from your body, that could end up producing the bacteria on your face. Having too much bacteria causes the pimples, blackheads and acne to appear. You skin from the inside out will become more radiate and glow. Carrying a reusable water bottle can help get your intake in easier.

Using an exfoliate can make a difference in the appearance of your skin. This should be done once a week which will remove all the dead skin cells and remove dirt from your pores. If you do this more than twice a week, there is a possibility of your skin drying out. So be cautious when using products like this.

Applying less or none make-up can clear up the pores. Putting on a whole face of foundation and concealer every day clogs the pores. Taking a break from wearing makeup, although it might be difficult, is necessary for improvement.

With makeup still on topic, cleaning makeup brushes should be done at least once a week. This is a way to avoid the bacteria from building up on the brushed and in turn, will be placed and buffed into your skin.

Working out can bring on a heavy sweat when you are really working out, this is a place where makeup should not be placed on the skin. Even if you do not wear makeup, make sure to wash your hands when completed in all activities and avoid touching face to not get bacteria on the skin. Washing your face after the gym is a great way to avoid the layer of sweat sitting on your face.

Most importantly, washing your face morning and night can help improve your skin. This step should never be skipped. Using your favorite cleanser to start the day and end the day will keep your skin clear.

Teresa Gulli

Sonoma '19

My name is Teresa Gulli and I am a writer for the Her Campus at the Sonoma State University Chapter.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma