Community Events You Probably Don’t Know About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Here is Sonoma County there are a plethora of events and shows happening daily for little to no money. As a college student who wants to be out and about, not stuck in the library, but is also on a budget these events are perfect for you.

Mondays

Hopmonk Tavern in Sebastopol puts on Reggae Nights on Mondays. Admission is $5 before 10:30 and $10 after 10:30pm. Get there early for the great rate! However, it doesn’t get poppin until about 11:30, so you’ll be there for some time before any of the action. Expect to dance your ass off all night long to some great beats.

Redwood Cafe in Cotati puts on a free open mic night every Monday from 6-9pm. Come see new inspired artists at this spunky location.

Tuesdays

Free open mic night at Hopmonk Tavern starting at 7:30

Donation based comedy event every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month happens at Sally Tomatoes in Cotati. This location is tucked away, but is extremely close to Sonoma State. Expect a three to five minute drive from the University taking Bodway till it dead ends.

Tuesday’s is also pint night at Third Street Aleworks in Santa Rosa, where you can get cheap pitchers of beer to share while playing a game of pool upstairs.

Wednesdays

Wednesday nights have special deals at Cal Skate and Double Decker Bowling Ally. Check out these locations and bring out the child side in you. Double Decker has a bar and bar bites and disco lights that come on after 10pm. You can also watch some drunk karaoke at the Whiskey Tip in Santa Rosa on wednesday nights.

Thursdays

The Cotati Crawl happens every Thursday night where SSU students hit Cotati’s bars for a bar crawl. Expect to go to two or three different bars. Luckily there is no cover charge for these bars.

Fridays

Hit downtown Santa Rosa on Friday nights. Start at Mary’s Pizza Shack for some happy hour drinks, then make your way to La Rosa, Stout Brothers, and several other downtown bars.

Saturdays

Rio Nido Roadhouse puts on weekends shows for $5-$10 per show. This one is a bit of a drive so make sure you have a designated driver before heading all the way out there. Rio Nido is located right before Guerneville off of River Road.

Every third Saturday of the month you can head to the Whiskey Tip in Santa Rosa for a silent disco. Expect to pay a $10 cover charge, and to turn in your ID in exchange for headphones. Two or three different DJ’s play at the same time. Each on a different channel of the headphones.

Sundays

On Sundays you can get drinks half off all day at Spanky’s Bar in Cotati. Enjoy a game of pool while sipping on some crazy cheap drinks.

There are so many events to go to throughout the week, you just have to know which ones! Get out there and enjoy some time away from the library. Most of these events are 21+, however, not all are!!

Hi I'm Ari. I love all things nature.There is beauty all around us, we just have to look to really see it. I love anything yoga, cheese, crystals, hula hooping, eating and traveling.
Contributor account for HC Sonoma