absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Healthy Recipes to Pump Up Your Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

Sick of constantly eating out, or living off of microwavable dinners? Here are 3 easy recipes for even the beginner cook, that won’t break the bank.

Gourmet Top Ramen:

You’ll need:

-Ramen packet

-One chicken breast

-Soy sauce

-Chopped vegetables of choice (Suggested: carrots, celery, and mushrooms)

Directions:

1.     Cook ramen according to instructions, for more flavor, use chicken or vegetable stock instead of water.

2.     While that is cooking, take a tbsp of vegetable oil and heat it up in a pan. Over medium heat, place chicken breast in the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, or until there is no pink in the center.

3.     Remove chicken from the pan, and place it on a plate. Cover the plate with tin foil to keep it warm. Using the same pan, add another tbsp of oil, and cook your chopped vegetables for about a minute.

4.     Put the cooked ramen in a bowl, then add your cooked vegetables and chicken on top. Add soy sauce for extra flavor.

Simple Veggie Wrap for On-the-Go

You’ll need:

-1 wrap

-2 tablespoons of hummus (or other spread)

-A handful of spinach

-Shredded carrots

-1/3 tomato, sliced

-1/2 avocado

Directions:

1.     Cut the avocado and tomato into thin slices.

2.     Layer with hummus, carrots, avocado, tomato and spinach.

3.     Season wrap with salt and pepper to taste.

4.     Roll it up!

Turkey-Pesto Grilled Cheese

You’ll need:

-2 Tablespoons of Pesto sauce

-Provolone cheese

-Turkey slices

-Bread of your choice

Directions:

1.     Put one tablespoon of pesto on each slice of bread. Spread evenly.

2.     Put one slice of provolone (or half if the slices are big) on top of the pesto on both slices.

3.     Put 2-3 slices of turkey on one slice of bread, then top it with the other slice.

4.     Butter both sides of the sandwich, and cook in a skillet over low to medium heat until browned on both sides.

Carly is one of the CCs for Sonoma State University, and she is majoring in communications and minoring in sociology. She grew up in southern California, and even though she misses the warm beach, she really enjoys living in wine country in northern CA. She has always had a passion for writing and is so grateful that Her Campus allows her to share that love and encourage others to join in the fun.