10 Reasons You Should Have More Wine Nights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sonoma chapter.

This is a list of reasons to have more wine nights. I hope that you wouldn’t need to be convinced, but if you ever needed an excuse, this list serves a very similar purpose. Happy wine hunting and hope you have a glass for me.  

Wine is healthy. 

At least relatively…at least red wine. Which is my personal favorite. It is proven that one glass of red wine a night is good for your heart and a healthy heart is all we women are after.  

You get to wear your pajamas. 

I really shouldn’t need to explain this one. PJs or a nice plush robe. There is no need to get dressed up to stare at Olivia Pope drink wine, watch an entire series of “Gilmore Girls” or yell at the “Chopped” finalists.  

The bathroom is not too far away.  

When the time comes to break the seal, the toilet is only down the hall. It is close, but it is also much cleaner (hopefully) than any bar bathroom you might encounter.  

The bottle is cheaper than the glass. 

Going to a restaurant or bar can leave you spending about $8.00 on a glass of wine. No, your neighborhood markets sell whole bottles for that price. More bank for your buck on a college budget.  

No Judgement. 

If you had a bad day, no judgement if you chug the wine like water. We have all been there.   

Your bed is down the hall.  

See number 3. Cozy bed is one step away. There are no awkward goodbyes, uber drivers, locked doors or other unnecessary tasks on the way. Couch to pillow in under a minute.  

No Time Limits or Restrictions. 

Your adventures can start at 5:00 and you can be in bed at 8:00. Allow the wine to make you into a grandma and give into the early bedtime 

No Dishes.  

Bottle to lips. Lips to the collection of bottles on your mantle. Order a pizza? Eat straight from the box… 

So much support.  

Wine lovers love other wine lovers. We also care enough about each other to share our wine, therefore we can share our feelings. Love each other like we love wine.  

Carly is one of the CCs for Sonoma State University, and she is majoring in communications and minoring in sociology. She grew up in southern California, and even though she misses the warm beach, she really enjoys living in wine country in northern CA. She has always had a passion for writing and is so grateful that Her Campus allows her to share that love and encourage others to join in the fun.