7 Hottest Retro Rob Lowe Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Everyone knows Rob Lowe as the energetic cutie Chris Traeger in “Parks and Rec.,” but there’s a reason why he’s still known as the ’80s heartthrob. Despite the dated hair choices, his general hotness is timeless. In honor of Rob Lowe’s visit to SMU on Tuesday, here’s a look back on the seven hottest retro Rob Lowe movie and tv show looks. 

7. “St. Elmo’s Fire” (1985)

Rob Lowe’s bad boy vibe brings this movie to the top seven, but the hair stops it from going all the way. Man buns are in, mullets still aren’t (thank God).

Courtesy of Quotes Gram

6. “About Last Night…” (1986)

Not a huge fan of the barely there mustache, but I dare you to tell me you aren’t at least a little jealous of Demi Moore.

Courtesy of Youtube

5. “The West Wing” (1999)

Suit? Check. Nice watch? Check. Doing business on Air Force One? Check. Several men can look good doing important business, Rob Lowe just looks better.

Courtesy of Pinterest

4. “The Outsiders” (1983)

Throwback to one of the best required reading books of all time. The Outsiders was a great book, but an even better movie. And the Sodapop towel thing: life changing.

Courtesy of Tumblr

3. “Oxford Blues” (1984)

So he’s rocking the light wash denim of the ‘80s, Rob Lowe still looks good in a letterman jacket. He’s like the sexier version of your high school quarterback. You know, if you went to high school in Oxford in the ‘80s.

Courtesy of Pinterest

2. “Youngblood” (1986)

Spoiler alert: this move isn’t about vampires. It’s about hockey. And it’s a comeback kid sort of story, but does plot really matter when Rob Lowe is looking sporty and shirtless?

Courtesy of IMDb

1. “Masquerade” (1988)

Does this even need an explanation? 

Courtesy of Sharethefiles.com

The Tate Lecture Series with Rob Lowe is on Tuesday, Feb. 23. Stop by the student forum at 4:30 p.m. or stand in line for student tickets at McFarlin Auditorium starting at 7 p.m. 

We are the SMU Team.