Ian Azcue ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Ian Azcue ’14

Name: Ian Azcue

Year: Senior

Major: Biology major, music minor

Hobbies/Interests: Skiing/snowboarding, animals, motorcycling, music

Hometown: Putnam Valley, NY

Relationship Status: Single

What do you look for in a girl?

I value someone who is very communicative. It’s great if you have a pretty face, but you can’t build a relationship like that. You need to be able to sit and talk, because that’s what it’s all about. I also like girls who have a good sense of humor, and who are maybe a little nerdy. I’d like someone to geek out with every once in a while.

Which instruments do you play?

I play mostly saxophone, but I took piano lessons for eight years and guitar lessons the past few years. I taught myself the flute when I was abroad in Australia, and I played clarinet in high school for school musicals.

What’s your favorite movie?

I really like Hercules, but the Star Wars series is probably my favorite. I watched the originals a lot as a kid with my cool, nerdy uncle, and we always saw the new ones the first day they came out.

How do you like to unwind at the end of a long day?

Right now I’m playing the new Pokémon game. I probably will be for a very long time, too.

What are some of your ideal date spots in Saratoga?

I really like food, and Saratoga has a million great places to go eat. I think Indian food is amazing, and Little India is cheap but absolutely delicious. Cantina is fun if you want good Mexican food. Plum Dandy is a classic for dessert, but I’d prefer a nice espresso and a slice of cake at one of the cafés, probably Uncommon.

I also love being outside, so I’d like to go for a walk in North Woods. There are a lot of really nice trails within a pretty short drive, and I think that kind of date would be a lot of fun.

Do you have any weird (or cute!) habits or quirks?

It’s not really a habit, but I have a cat back home that I love more than anything and I get sad when I miss her birthday. Sometimes I do a little cat dance, and that’s pretty quirky. It’s my go-to dance move.

Is there anything else about yourself you’d like to add?

Well, I grew up in Sweden as a kid, so I speak fluent Swedish. Also, almost all of my family lives in Europe, so I’ve spent a lot of time traveling to visit family, and those trips led themselves to exploring other places around the globe. I really love traveling a lot. I think my favorite place I’ve been has to be either Santorini in Greece, or Australia.

Grace is a Junior English major/History minor at Skidmore College with a love of red shoes and thunderstorms. She also loves writing of all sorts, though long works of fiction are her favorite. In her spare time she throws Girls' Night In parties, lazes around on Tumblr, and runs the Harry Potter Fan Club on campus, which involves constant events like scarf knitting and butterbeer tasting. In the spring she plans to study abroad in England, so hopefully she will have lots of stories to share from across the pond!