Spring Break From The Couch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Spring break is just one short week away and just like me, you may not be hopping on a flight to Cancun, Miami or Puerto Rico, but you are taking trains, planes and automobiles home- to the couch. This is the time of year when you realize that you will really be spending spring break from the comfort of your home. Have no fear though! We’re all in this together. I have already started compiling a SB to-do list so I can keep busy and away from social media to avoid envy of #springbreak #warmweather #sunbathing posts. Read along with me on how to have the best time from home this SB.

1. Babysit

If you’re like me, you’ve babysat your friend’s aunt’s cousin’s daughter’s five-year-old son that one time. Get a babysitting job this SB. Babysitting = $ = new clothes, makeup and self tanner. 

2. Exercise

Not trying to be cliché here, but just because you’re home this week doesn’t mean you need to be laying the whole time. Go outdoors and go for a jog, bike ride, or power walk. If you’re feeling ambitious maybe even head to the gym! You can still get that spring break body that you want without the pressure of having to be bikini-ready.

3. Movies

What is better than going out on a Friday night? The movies! Substitute partying one night to go to the theaters and get that amazing movie theater popcorn. New movies to see: Zoolander 2, How to Be Single, Race, Deadpool and The Choice. Who doesn’t love a good Nicholas Sparks movie?

3. Puppies

If you haven’t been home since January its been about a month and a half since you’ve seen your cute little dog, cat, rabbit, fish, bird, etc. Take advantage of being home by snugging up with your beloved animal!

4. Sleep 

Who would want to sleep in while being on a tropical island? Not me at least. While you are home this break enjoy the place you missed most while being at school- your bed. 

5. Read

Reading doesn’t have to be just for school. Take advantage of your time off and pick up a book from your bookshelf you’ve been meaning to read. Reading makes you smarter!

6. Family

Don’t get me wrong I love being at school and having my independence, but spending quality time with family is key (major key). It’s an excuse to go get your nails done with mom, go shopping with grandma or meet up with your aunt for lunch. And remember, your family is happy to have you home for this week so embrace it and fill your love tank before heading back to the real world. 

HCXO,

Rebecca

Rebecca Sliwak is the current Editor-In-Chief for Her Campus at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia. She is studying Communications and Marketing as a senior, is a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, studied abroad in Madrid, and has been on the Her Campus SJU team since sophomore year.