Campus Cutie: Sabrina Schielein '18

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie: Sabrina Schielein ’18!

I first met Sabrina last semester when she joined the cheerleading squad, and her bubbly energy and magnetic personality fit right in cheering on the Hawks courtside! Anyone who knows Sabrina knows that she lights up the room with her contagious smile, and this super-involved gal truly makes SJU a brighter place.

Read on to learn more about this week’s Campus Cutie:

Name: Sabrina Schielein

Year: Sophomore

Major: Business Administration

Hometown: Princeton, NJ

Relationship Status: Taken

Involvement: Cheerleading, Delta Sigma Pi, Tri Sigma, Spring Concert Committee, Sandy Hook Promise Organization, Co-Op

Her Campus SJU: Describe yourself in three words.

Sabrina Schielein: Extroverted, energetic, and I suppose thoughtful.

HC: What’s one thing you cant live without?

SS: I can’t live without my family. I probably call my Mom at least twice a day. I come from a big Italian family and they are everything to me.

HC: What’s your favorite SJU memory so far?

SS: At SJU we have comedians come in every so often and perform. Some how my friends and I ended up getting front row seats at the Jay Pharaoh show. He is one of my favorites from SNL so I was very excited. He called me on stage during one of his monologues; it was definitely the highlight of my freshman year!

HC: Where can you usually be found on campus?

SS: It’s safe to say that I am a caffeine dependent person, so you can usually find me at Starbucks.

HC: What’s your favorite place to shop?

SS: I love boutiques! I’m a big jewelry-lover so I’m always looking for something dainty and unique. There is a store in Philly called Open House that has all sorts of jewelry as well as home decorative pieces, candles and more.

HC: What’s your favorite fashion trend right now?

SS: I’ve been really into turtlenecks lately. As a kid I used to hate them but they’ve definitely grown on me. They are classy yet comfortable and are great when the wind tunnels at SJU pick up. 

HC: What’s the first thing you notice about a guy:

SS: Probably the way they dress. A well-dressed man is a big plus for me!

HC: How’d you spend Valentine’s Day?

SS: I started my day off at knitting club in the morning; it is actually very relaxing and you get to donate your items once you are done which is really nice. Alex and I got a late brunch at Jake and Cooper’s Wine Bar in Manayunk and exchanged gifts. I had cheer practice from 7-10pm and was pretty hungry after so Alex and I grabbed food at the Manayunk Tavern because it was one of the only places still open at that time. We watched a movie after!

HC: Who’s your celeb crush?

SS: Leonardo Dicaprio

HC: Describe your ideal date.

SS: I love to go on adventures and travel. During the summer I enjoy doing anything that involved fitness and being outside. My ideal date would be going for a hike on a beautiful trail and having a picnic (with sushi of course) at the top of the mountain.

HC: Favorite food?

SS: Eggplant Rollatini.

HC: Favorite show to watch on Netflix?

SS: It’s hard to choose because I have so many but right now I’d have to say Grey’s Anatomy.

HC: What’s your favorite song to jam to?

SS: “Hometown” by Twenty One Pilots.

HC: Favorite book?

SS: I’ve been reading Bossypants by Tina Fey lately – it’s hilarious.

HC: What’s your dream job?

SS: My ultimate dream job would definitely be an actress. From the time I was two years old I was always performing in dance recitals, plays, musicals, and individual-based sports (like gymnastics and diving). I got discouraged as the years went on because I saw how competitive the field is. Now my dream job would be to work on the business side of fashion or beauty products.

HC: If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?

SS: Italy…Even though I’ll be going abroad to Florence in the fall semester, I just can’t wait.

HC: What’s something that no one knows about you?

SS: I poked my eye with a stick when I was little and had to wear an eye patch for a while until it healed. It was around Easter time so when my town had a community egg-hunt at the park I kept tripping because I couldn’t see. I wound up with no eggs but my brother felt bad and gave me some of his.

HC: What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

SS: Skydiving!

HC: Who/what inspires you the most?

SS: My Mom definitely inspires me the most. She was born in Italy and is the strongest woman I know. My Mom has taught me everything I know and all that I am or hope to be I owe to her. We are the same person. 

HC: What’s your favorite quote?

SS: "Don't think you've lost time. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time."

-Asha Tyson

(This was my senior quote in the high school yearbook!)

There ya have it, folks! Be sure to look for Sabrina on the sidelines throughout the remainder of the basketball season, and say hi if you see her around campus (or waiting in line at Starbucks)!

HCXO,

Franki