Siena College sign
Siena College sign
Original photo by Jessica Dery

Why Did I Choose Siena VOID

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Siena has become my home away from home over the last 3 years that I have been here and I am so glad that I choose Siena as my choice for my undergraduate degree. But Siena was not always on my radar as my number #1 school and I was able to realize that Siena was the best choice for me through a couple of different things.

Eliott Reyna via Unsplash

First off, I have lived about fifteen to twenty minutes away from Siena College my entire life and I never thought growing up that I would go to a school so close to home. So as the senior year rolled around and I kept Siena College in the back of my mind as an option but I was looking at a large number of other schools. I at the time wanted to go to Pharmacy school so I was looking around at schools like ACPHS and MCPHS. I went on visits to different schools and even though I liked the programs and the school’s none of the schools felt like home in the way I wanted it to. I kept going and looking around at schools but nothing really clicked. Then I decided to go look at Siena again even though I had been on campus for camps and different events numerous times. 

Lorraine Padgett

As soon as I walked on campus again, I felt instantly at home and as I took more and more steps on the campus, I felt more and more at home. I found a program on campus that fit what I wanted to be able to do and in my mind on that visit, I decided that will be my home for the next four years. I went to the campus several more times and for me, every single time that I went,  felt more and more at peace with my decision and more and more at home. This has been the best decision that I have ever made and I have become a better person.

College campus path with yellow leaves
Original photo by Kelsey Baron

Siena is my home away from home and making the decision to come to Siena has been one of the best that I have ever made. I am who I am today because of the decision I made and I am very happy to report I made the right one.  

Megan Schubmehl is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. She studied Psychology during her time there.