Under 21? 21 Alcohol Free Siena Festivities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

If you’re an upperclassman, Siena Fest usually means a combination of school sponsored activities and townhouse countdown parties. If you’re under 21, your age shouldn’t stop you from enjoying Siena Fest.

Here’s a list of things to do this weekend if you can’t party in the townhouses:

1. The forecast right now is saying a high of 70 degrees outside so why not kick off Siena Fest by rounding up your friends, a towel, and some music before finding a spot on the quad to relax.
  2. If this is your first Siena Fest, you’ll learn quickly that this weekend = FREE FOOD (courtesy of a food trunk that parks outside of the SSU). Thursday is the first evening of the food truck so look for Emack & Bolio’s ice cream from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm (food truck) and some Feel Good Deli Grilled Cheeses (SSU).
  3. Continuing the tradition from previous years, Trashion Fashion put on by the Environmental Club and Stage III will kick off this weekend starting at 8pm in Foy HallFree Admission
  4. After you check out Trashion Fashion and stop by the food trunk for some free ice cream, it’s time to play some mini golf! Glow in the Dark mini golf will be going on in the SSU 240 starting at 9 pm.
  5. What better way to start or end your day of classes then with a stop to Senate’s Alex’s Lemonade Stand from 10 am to 3 pm located outside of Lonnstrom, on the walkway between Roger Bacon/Library, and by MacCloskey!
  6. The Asian Student Association will be running a Bazaar on the academic quad (Rain: SSU) from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm!
  7. Just because you can’t get yourself to the townhouses this Friday evening doesn’t mean the fun has to stop. You can enjoy the nice weather and hang outside, go to the gym to play a game of basketball or soccer, and you can always stay indoors playing video games or the classic board game!
  8. Maybe being on campus isn’t the Siena Fest scene for you, and in that case, Siena’s ever reliable Mall Shuttles will be running on Friday.
  9. The food truck is not the only source of free food this weekend so make sure to check out the BBQ being held from 4 pm – 7:30 pm on the Academic Quad. 
  10. What’s better than a BBQ on the academic quad? A BBQ while watching LIVE musical performances during Musical Mayhem! From 4 pm – 7:30 pm on the Academic Quad! 
  11. Have time to kill before the Paint Party at 10 pm? Stop by the SSU @ 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm to have fun with the Photo Booth, Face Painting, Caricaturist, and Airbrush tattoos!
  12. Siena Fest weekend does not mean that you can’t catch a movie in Roger Bacon 202. SEB’s free movie of the week is…Mean Girls!
  13. The Student Events Board (SEB) brings you…The Paint – U Paint Party! Put on a white t-shirt and join the fun of having a paint party brought to our campus from 10 pm to 1 am on Padua Beach (Rain: SSU 240 – 243)!
  14. Food Truck round 2: The free food continues from 10 pm – 2 am!
  15. Kick off Saturday with Bernie’s Boardwalk! Head over to the Academic Quad from 12 pm – 4 pm for food trucks, Trampoline Extreme Air, Jump Off, a rock wall, dog tag maker, carnival games, and outdoor games (volleyball, corn hole, kan jam, etc.)
  16. FERRIS WHEEL?! That’s right Siena College presents this carnival attraction from 12 pm – 9 pm open to ALL STUDENTS (weather permitting).
  17. Come to the RHA Dunk Tank during Siena Fest to dunk your favorite member of RHA. Open from 3 pm to 7 pm (academic quad).
  18. Just because it’s Siena Fest weekend doesn’t mean that our Siena Saints athletic teams stop working hard! You can also stop by one of the multiple games being played on Saturday! Baseball: Siena vs. Manhattan @ 12 pm, M Lacrosse: Siena vs. Detroit @ 1 pm, and Softball: Siena vs. Canisius @ 1 pm!
  19. Want a chance to win $400? Join in on the Residence Hall Association Scavenger Hunt during Siena Fest this Saturday April 18th from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm. You can have a team of up to four. All you have to do is follow the clues as fast as you can and have fun. 2nd place is $200, 3rd place is $100! Show up at 3 pm to get your first clue and get your team ready. Good luck!
  20. The Siena Fest Concert is hands down the most anticipated event of the weekend. Don’t miss out on your 1 in a million chance to catch Sammy Adams & Hoodie Allen perform for our school for $15 (students) $20 (guests) at 7 pm (ARC doors open).
  21. Once the concert ends, the fun continues with a Beach Party put together by our very own Siena Night Life (SNL). The fun starts at 10 pm and ends at 2 am on the Academic Quad (Rain: SSU 240-243).