This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Want to switch up your beauty regimen this year? Here are the top 10 beauty products for 2018!

1. BioSilk Hydrating Therapy Deep Moisture Masque

Image Source

Especially in the winter months, our hair can get dry and brittle. This mask helps to calm, hydrate and heal our hair by giving it the moisture it needs. BioSilk says this hydrating therapy Deep Moisture Masque contains quinoa to detangle and smooth, silk proteins to keep hair strong and healthy, and maracuja oil to nourish hair with a light texture. If you want to give your hair the care it needs, I highly recommend this masque.

2. It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product

Image Source

This product shows your hair love in 10 different ways instantly! All you need to do is towel-dry your hair, spray this in your hair and run a brush through it. According to the product website, with this one application you will:

1. Repair your dry, damaged hair
  2. Add shine
  3. Detangle
  4. Control frizz
  5. Seal and protect hair color
  6. Prevent split ends
  7. Stop hair breakage
  8. Create silkiness
  9. Enhance natural body
  10. Protect your hair from heat products

3. KMS THERMASHAPE Quick Blow Dry

Image Source

I was skeptical of this product when my hairdresser tried selling it to me. A product that could make my hair dry faster? Even if I air-dry it? However, this product is truly as good as it sounds! In addition to making my hair smell amazing, it cuts blow dry time in half which saves me time in the morning and saves my hair from excess heat exposure. Tip: Make sure you shake the bottle before application!

4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

Image Source

This line comes in six different shades to meet your desired base tint before applying eyeshadow. Once applied, this paraben-free product gives you a crease-free all day lid. 

5. Sephora Collection—Colorful Waterproof Eyeliner

Image Source 

This product is only $12.00 and does the job for any occasion. The felt tip makes a fine line application easy for experienced or inexperienced makeup users. Whether you cry tears of joy because your makeup looks on point or it’s raining outside, this product will stay on all day!

6. Sephora Collection– Contour Eye Pencil 12hr Wear Waterproof

Image Source

This product is perfect for application to the waterline as well as for people who prefer using a pencil on their upper lid. Lasting 12 hours, this is a must-have eye pencil for any makeup user. It comes in nine shades of a glitter finish, four shades of a matte finish, and 12 shades of a shimmer finish. PLUS, this pencil is paraben, sulfate and phthalate free and only costs $10.00.

7. Two Faced– Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara

Image Source 

Most mascaras I’ve tried that claim to be waterproof really weren’t. This one, however, is the best one I have ever bought and is 100% worth it. I have worked out, taken naps and even cried with this mascara on. I must say… it IS better than sex!

8. Maybelline– Superstay 24-hour Liquid Lipstick

Image Source

Have you ever been out for coffee and you look down and there it is…your lipstick smudged all over your cup. Well, this product is the perfect solution to that problem. It truly lasts 24-hours without drying your lips. All you have to do is follow the simple steps for this 2-in-1 product:

Step 1. Apply liquid lipstick to clean, bare lips. Step 2. Allow two minutes to dry, then apply the ultra-conditioning balm to seal in moisture. Step 3. Reapply balm as needed. Step 4. Remove with an oil-based makeup remover.

9. ​Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer

Image Source

This lightweight oil-free moisturizer will moisturize your skin without leaving your skin feeling greasy or shiny. It is dermatologist-tested, non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores), hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. This is my favorite moisturizer to apply under makeup!

10. Urban Decay—Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray

Image Source 

This product lowers the temperature of your makeup in order to keep it in place. It is oil and paraben free and is also good for all skin types. Before a night out, I spray some of this on after I’ve applied my makeup and I’m good to go!

Thumbnail Image Source 

Jennifer Renter is a Siena College Class of 2020 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied English Education.