The Story Behind the “Seal”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

SFA Students can’t help but to be excited about the activities planned for the fall semester, and Presidential Hustle Entertainment is doing their part to contribute to the hype. Some call it an “SFA comeback,” comparing this fall to the fall 2009 year in which many organizations were actively presenting students with activities nonstop, but to PHE members, they’re simply doing their job.

Quoted by one of their nearly 1500 followers on Twitter, “PHE hosts the best parties Nacogdoches has to offer, hands down!” Presidential Hustle Records and Entertainment was started by the late, Michael Motte Jr. in 2006 to help fund events to jump start his brother’s music career. Known for their jam packed, crowd-pleasing parties, PHE fails to disappoint college students in attendance. But it doesn’t stop at the parties. When I inquired about the purpose of PHE, I was pleased to learn that members of this licensed company participate in youth mentoring, party promotion, and community service.

You can image the number of people interested in joining such a respected group such as PHE, but the process is not that easy. When asked about the number of members involved with this group, “army status” sums it up. Members are spread wide over Texas, covering the Dallas/Fort Worth area, East Texas, and Houston. Because Presidential Hustle Records and Entertainment is a licensed company and uphold high standards for their members, the process of becoming a member is a selective one, which answered my next question of; Would PHE ever become an official on-campus organization. The selection process of recruiting members disables the organization from becoming an on-campus organization. (Not to mention that the group enjoys it’s freedom of making their own rules.) 

Another question boiling in the back of many female’s brains is one of: “Why aren’t there any female PHE members, and when, if when, will there ever be any female members?” I will admit it was fun watching the fellas squirm around while answering this question. The final result: There are currently no PHE female members, but there were some in the previous years, and a possibility for a few in the years to come. Fair enough!

I attempted to get the “inside scoop” by asking for an agenda of fall events for SFA students. I couldn’t get much, but members assured me that plans were in process and members were “in the kitchen, cooking!”

I enjoyed my time sitting down with some of the PHE members for this interview. Despite the hard faces on the flyer promoting their upcoming party, The Syllabus August 31, at the Anex, these guys are respectful and full of personality! I admire the relationship they maintain with PHE’s late founder, Michael Motte’s, parents and two children, and the members drive to continue on his legacy. If you’re looking for a good time, I would highly suggest making plans to attend The Syllabus this Friday. See ya’ there!

Contact Info:

Twitter: @PresHustleEnt @D_Gotti_PHE
Instagram: presidential_hustle
Youtube: PresidentialHustle07 

Kayla Borens is a senior from Stephen F Austin State University pursuing a degree in Public Communications. She has been selected as a recipient for the 2012 Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges and graduate of Kilgore Junior College. Kayla currently interns for pr firm CasMacPR, and teaches Zumba! She is also an active member in a Christian youth group, The TURNAROUND in East Texas, as well as a supporting sister of younger brother, Spencer and older sister, Selena. Her post-graduation plans include working in Texas pursuing a career in public relations and social media and making her parents proud. :) You can follow her via Twitter @PR_incess_KayB & @creativedream_.