hawaii girl happy explore jacket beach adventure
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

With the year 2020 coming to a close, so is my time as an undergrad here at the University of Scranton. Recently, I’ve been reflecting more on how my time here at the U has been and I can wholeheartedly say I would not have wanted to have it any other way. 

I remember the day I went on a tour of this school and how I fell in love with the people and the location of the school. At the time I had looked at five other colleges before coming here for a tour, and the minute my dad I got in the car to go back home, we both knew this was the school for me. Over the past few years, I’ve had my fair share of “ups and downs” but they shaped me into the woman I am today. I have learned to be confident in my own skin, to love myself, to be proud of my culture and so much more. I have also found my future bridesmaids during my time here. These ladies have been with me through thick and thin and will always have a place in my heart. 

Academically, I have learned so much with regards to Exercise Science and have gotten close with some of my professors. Originally I was unsure as to whether I wanted to graduate in December 2020, but now I’m content with the decision. I came to Scranton with a guaranteed seat in their Doctor of Physical Therapy program for the Summer 2021 which is super exciting, so I will be in grad school for another 3 years before becoming a physical therapist. 

With all this happening, it leaves a whole semester in between undergrad and grad where I will be at home, so I guess that leads me to my next question… What will I do during my gap semester? I will definitely be taking time to relax because I’ve earned it, but I also want to learn some more about myself before I go into another few years of studying and drowning in work. I’ll be jumping back into my job at Dunkin full-time to make some money to pay for school and to travel a little during the spring (if the situation in the world is a little better). I’m not really sure where I want to go in terms of travel but more recently I’ve been stuck on Hawaii. I also really want to make use of my gym membership that I got at the start of 2020, but haven’t been able to use in over 8 months. So hopefully I’ll be coming back to grad school looking and feeling better than ever. I’m not really sure where the world will be in a few months, so this plan is not set in stone by any means. I’ll be going with the flow but I’m so excited to close this chapter in my book and open up the next one.

Ashna Patel

Scranton '21

Sophomore Exercise Science Major at The University of Scranton
Carly Long

Scranton '22

Carly is a senior studying Strategic Communications with a concentration in Legal Studies at The University of Scranton. This is her third year as CC at HC Scranton, which she hopes to continue to elevate. In her free time Carly can be found writing, working out, or buying new products to feed her skincare addiction.