I Promise...

Hello Beautiful! How was your week? Are you still hanging in there? I surely hope so because we have another exciting topic to discuss today. Today, we’re going to talk about promises. You’re probably thinking we will be discussing promises that we make to others and promises that they make to us. However, I think we should talk about the promises that we should make to ourselves. Grab a pen and a piece of paper. This is an interactive discussion. 

Firstly, take a moment to think about who you are, what you value, where you started, where you are, and where you hope to be one day. Now, write down what’s most important to you in this moment. 

Flip your paper over and write “I promise….”

• to accept who I am now, while working on being the best possible version of myself.
  • to walk away from anything that isn’t good for me with courage.
  • to not settle for anything less than what I deserve.
  • to never give up on myself, my dreams, or my life.
  • to live a life that feels right to me despite the opinions of anyone else.
  • to find the good in every painful experience.
  • to listen to my instincts and act on them.
  • to love myself FIRST and just as much as I want others to love me.
  • to say good bye to the past each night  and wake up to the present each morning.
  • to evaluate my words before they leave my lips, remembering that I don’t speak from a place of jealousy, hate, anger, or insecurity.
  • to treat everyone with love, kindness, respect and compassion NO MATTER WHAT.
  • to ONLY hold on to things that bring me joy.
  • to feel more and think less, trust more and doubt less, fear less, and hope more.
  • to keep every promise that I make to myself from this day on.

Keep the list going if need be. It doesn't have to end here. In a world where promises are being broken everyday, it is very important that you make these promises to yourself and hold on to them forever. If you wrote them down, place them in a safe place and guard them with your heart. I’m so proud of you beautiful. Take Care, until next time.