This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Care packages are something we all look forward to finding in our mailboxes every day when we stop by the Reilly Center. The members of the SBU chapter of Her Campus got a nice surprise when they came into their weekly Monday night meeting this week. As many of us know, Her Campus is fairly new to the SBU campus and so far the whole Her Campus corporation has treated us very well. During midterms and finals, the active members of the Her Campus chapters receive care packages with many beauty products and other items to try. Just in time for Halloween, this is definitely not a trick but a very sweet treat. In this finals care package, we received some amazing stuff that will help our chapter through finals week.

Here are the items companies sent us that we were so appreciative of receiving:

1. Simple Skincare

One of my favorite items from Simple Skincare is their Cleansing Facial Wipes which, luckily, was one of the items we got for our finals care package. I personally love the Simple Skincare items because they’re perfect for people with sensitive skin and they’re also just nice to your delicate skin. It’s perfect for taking off makeup before bed or if you ever need a quick, clean face. They also just came out with Micellar Cleansing Wash and Cleansing Wipes. The link below is the website and they have an offer for you to “Test the Water” with a coupon for Simple Skincare.

http://www.simpleskincare.com/know-your-skin/test-the-water.html

2. Colgate Optic White

]Colgate Optic White is a whitening line from Colgate. We were given the new Colgate Optic White toothpaste along with the toothbrush with a built in whitening pen. This was a new one to try and it was nice to see something like this in our finals package because it was something I’ve been wanting to try, as I use the Colgate Optic White toothpaste as it is. Let’s see where this goes. Yes, there are coupons involved in this one too!

http://www.colgateopticwhite.com/whitening-toothpaste#optic-white-express-white.

3. Milani Cosmetics

I am super super in love with my new nail polish I got from Milani Cosmetics. Apparently, their brand is inspired by Milan which is a world famous fashion capital. I had never even heard of this brand until Her Campus but I really like their Color Statement nail polish that we all received. The color I got is called “Silhouette” and it’s this pretty olive green color that is perfect for the fall. I’ve never been much of a lover of olive green, but it’s growing (and painted) on me. Check out their line of cosmetics on their website below.

http://milanicosmetics.com/home.php

4. Miss Me Jeans

]So, every once in a while we’ll get promotional items that have contests on them and this time around, we received a card, along with metallic temporary tattoos. The card is a promotion for Miss Me Jeans’, “Let Yourself Shine” campaign in which you post on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter telling Miss Me Jeans what makes you shine with the hashtag #MissMeOnCampus while also tagging @MissMeJeans for a chance to  win a $500 shopping spree from MissMe.com. Tell Miss Me Jeans what makes YOU shine today for a chance to win!

5. People Magazine

It’s fall which means we’re transitioning into new clothing styles, and what better magazine to get in our finals package than People Magazine’s StyleWatch magazine for October 2015? I flipped my way through it and found so many cute clothes (that I wish I could afford) and that are appropriate for the month of October. On page 46 of StyleWatch, there was a list of items that were being sold with the intention of contributing some of the profits to Breast Cancer Awareness or research. One that particularly stood out to me was Ralph Lauren’s new fragrance, Midnight Romance Eau de Parfum. 100% of the proceeds from the purchase of the fragrance will go to Ralph Lauren’s Pink Pony Fund. They had a scent sample within the magazine and I would definitely recommend it. Happy shopping!

All of these items sparked the attention of those who received them and I know I was excited to try these new items. So check out these brands because we know they support Her Campus and we know you do, too. Thank you for reading our articles every week and making Her Campus SBU a silver level chapter. 

Strategic Communications & Digital Media student at SBU. Co-President of acapella group Bonacoustics. Loves the color blue.
A junior at St. Bonaventure University majoring in Journalism/Mass Communications and French. She can always be found with a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee in hand, at the gym attempting to do yoga, or binge watching Grey's Anatomy with Ben&Jerry's. You can follow her on twitter @emilyrosman or on Instagram emilyrosman.