Campus Celebrity: Hawani Manaye Adugna, ‘19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Name: Hawani Manaye Adugna

(Pronouned: HUH-WAH-NEE)

Year: freshman

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Major: Political science

Her Campus: “What brought you to Bona’s?”

Hawani Adugna: “It really felt like home! When I stepped foot on the campus, I was shocked by how friendly and generous everyone was here. That kind of warmth and family quality cannot be seen on just any university.”

HC: “How are you involved on campus?”

HA:  I am the Freshman Class President. I also am involved with Mock Trial.

HC: “What sparked your interest in SGA and Mock Trial?”

HA: “I noticed a lot of things that needed to be changed, and I honestly didn’t see anyone else stepping up to the plate. I am a part of Mock Trial, because I am planning on being a lawyer after college, and I think this would be a good stepping stone.”

HC: “If you could be anyone in the world for one day, who would you be, and why?”

HA: “I would like to be someone who lived in a poor, Third World country with limited resources because of war, famine or political corruptness. It would help me feel more appreciative of the things I have and want me to become more involved with the issues of this world.”

HC: “What are some interesting/funny facts about yourself?”

HA: “Okay:

1.     I’ve traveled to 10 different countries.

2.     I’ve skydived and gone scuba diving with sharks.

3.     I’ve been to Disneyland 73 times.

4.     I speak and understand Amharic.

5.     Both of my parents are from Ethiopia,

6.     Up until last week, I had never had a PB&J sandwich!”

Buffalo native, creative by nature.
A junior at St. Bonaventure University majoring in Journalism/Mass Communications and French. She can always be found with a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee in hand, at the gym attempting to do yoga, or binge watching Grey's Anatomy with Ben&Jerry's. You can follow her on twitter @emilyrosman or on Instagram emilyrosman.