Justin Haynes ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SHSU chapter.

Major: Human Resources Management

Hometown: Vidor, Texas

Campus Involvement: Delta Tau Delta Fraternity, Student Alumni Association, numerous university committees

Interests: Music of all kinds, documentaries, ancient history, politics, travelling all over the states, and the occasional game of disc golf

Favorite Movie: Almost Famous is by far my favorite movie! It has an amazing cast and awesome soundtrack. If I ever need life quotes or inspiration I watch this movie!

3 things I couldn’t live without: my iPhone because it doubles as my iPod, a warm place to sleep, and good food

Song that’s constantly on repeat on my iPod: Mac Miller’s “Best Day Ever” has been what I play the most lately.

Future career goals: I want to work for the medical industry or open up a consulting firm in Austin, Texas.

What I look for in a girl: she has to have a sense of humor and be strong-willed and caring. I like to know that at the end of the day she will be beside me no matter what.

Why I chose Sam: It had a good music program which is why I first came here, and my best friend also attended the school.

Lauren Hall is a senior English major at Sam Houston State University, minoring in Secondary Education. She considers herself a typical Southern girl, having grown up in the small town of Teague, Texas (pop. 4,500). When she's not busy with school work, Lauren is probably spending time with her large family, her twin sister, and her five best friends, who she has been friends with since preschool. She loves to read, cook, travel, and spend time at her family's lakehouse and at church. After graduation, Lauren plans on getting a job teaching high school English and journalism. She plans to start on her Master's degree as soon as possible, and hopes to eventually teach at the college level.