True Life: I’m Addicted to the “Homescapes” and “Gardenscapes” Games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Salisbury chapter.

If there’s one thing I’m addicted to it’s games where you have to match things to win. It used to be Bejewled but that got old and I was looking for something to replace it. Here comes Homescapes. I found it one day by accident while scrolling through the app store. I downloaded it on a whim and haven’t looked back.

Homescapes is a game where you help a butler renovate his childhood home so that his parents no longer sell it. Each level gives you stars and you use those stars to complete tasks. Some tasks like adding a rug to a room only take one star, but other tasks like renovating statues can take three stars. After a certain amount of levels are completed you can unlock different parts of the mansion. You get gifts like cats and money from different people you meet while completing your tasks. It’s completely interactive with you being the one to decide what type of furniture or colors go into the different sections of the room.

Gardenscapes has a similar set up in that each level earns you stars which you use for tasks. I happen to like this game slightly more because there are more chances for rewards. You can grow plants and spin a game wheel, all to receive a variety of power ups and a few hours of endless lives.

While both of these games are super entertaining, I will warn you that they are extremely addictive and make you feel like you’re being productive when you’re actually procrastinating. Check them out for yourself and let me know what you think!

I'm a student at Salisbury University studying to major in Medical Laboratory with hopes of going into the Forensic field. I love my Puggle named Bruno and am blessed to have a great group of friends.
Jeremie Davis

Salisbury '18

Jeremie Davis is an ambitious eighteen year old who has plans to change the world. While writing for her high school newspaper, she discovered her passion for writing, in which she contributed numerous works to the award winning newspaper. Jeremie also has a strong passion for Theater. She has been acting since she was ten years old. Jeremie is currently attending Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia, where she is majoring in Early Child Education with a minor in Theater and Journalism. Along with writing for Her Campus, Jeremie is apart of Tiger TV, a newly produced student-run news show, located on Morehouse College's campus. After two years Jeremie plans to go to Yale School of the Dramatic Arts where she will earn her Doctorate’s Degree in Fine Arts. In her spare time, Jeremie enjoys watching Netflix, belting out show-tunes, biking, and hanging with family and friends. Her ultimate goal in life is to become either a successful actress or a news correspondent in the entertainment world. She lives by the motto “If you work hard, you get to play hard.”