Actually, She Can

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Saint Mary's chapter.

The 2017 #HCSurvivalKits were filled with the best of the best. Whether you’ve been updating your schedule with your new Erin Condren monthly planner and (literally amazing) dual tip marker, trying out new lip colors thanks to Charlotte Tilbury, going an extra day without washing your hair thanks to the Freeman Beauty dry shampoo, or perfecting your pre-spring break glow with L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze tanning products, you know that these kits came just in time. But best of all, especially on #InternationalWomensDay, was reading through #ActuallySheCan- The Success Issue.  #ActuallySheCan is a magazine to help inspire, empower, and inform its womens readers. We’ve pulled our favorite quotes from this issue in order to inspire and empower women like YOU! 

“Networking is something we all do naturally to some degree. If you think about it, friends and families are networks. Building a professional network takes a bit more strategy and intent, but if you commit to it, you can quickly have a powerful network that helps you get where you want to go.”

“A mentor is anyone who can teach us something about ourselves and about life.” 

“Meditation is the perfect natural antidote to stress.”

For women on the go…”Set a timer for 1 minute. Find a comfortable position. Close your eyes. Breathe. Let thoughts flow through your head. That’s it.”

“Yes it actually is time to start thinking about retirement.” (Okay, that one scared us too.)

“No thanks is a complete sentence.”

“Saying yes in order to please people is never a good thing.”

“Be honest. Share your true feelings. Be vulnerable. Open up.”

“Get out there and help someone achieve their goals. When you give, you get.”

“Surround yourslef with supportive and positive people.”

“Celebrate every big and small step towards the top of that staircase.”

Looking for more from #ActuallySheCan? Follow them on Facebook at facebook.com/ActuallySheCan, Twitter @ActuallySheCan, Instagram @ActuallySheCan and on all social media using #ActuallySheCan.

Claire Condon

Saint Mary's

I think in Instagram captions.