How To Beat That Cold Before Your Big Midterm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Midterms are next week and I have the flu? Now what? Since the changing of weather, going from hot to cold in a matter of weeks, I’m sure many of your friends are coming down with a cold or a stomach bug. Staying healthy is so important, especially when living away from the comfort of your own home. Luckily, there are several easy tricks to nipping a cold in the bud while away at school– no crazy medicine cabinet necessary!

Getting enough vitamin C is essential for living a healthy life. That being said, I suggest you stock up on Emergen-C. Available in many different flavors, Emergen-C packets can be poured right into your water bottle so you can get your vitamins on the go.

Not only do Emergen-C packets help to give you the vitamins you need, but they also work to keep your antioxidant levels up.

Another staple I keep in my dorm is decaffeinated green tea. Green tea helps build your immune system, and it also helps fight disease. With the Keurig I know you have set up in your dorm room, making green tea is super easy. Grab your green tea KCups and you’re set.

You may not be feeling well and midterms may be around the corner, but definitely stay calm and drink green tea. 

Another healthy addition to your routine is soup! Soup keeps well in the freezer, so make a big pot of your favorite chicken noodle soup one rainy day and freeze the extras in individual soup containers to enjoy for up to three months– you’ll be glad you did when you catch that unwanted cold. 

Staying healthy during this time of year is easy when adding these products to your daily regime. Beat that cold so you’re feeling great the day of that big midterm by following these simple steps. 

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.