This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Do you ever get tired of that brain dead feeling you get after scrolling through your phone for too long? We all know that feeling. Personally, I know that my head feels a lot clearer after I spend time reading than it does after mindlessly scrolling. Here are some fun book recs (in all different genres) for anyone who wants to start reading a bit in their free time! Your brain will thank you.

The Hating Game by Sally Thorne- This book is perfect for anyone who enjoys romance books, but even if you don’t you will still find yourself enjoying this story. The story is about Lucy Hutton and Joshua Templeman, two coworkers who despise each other but slowly start to form a relationship. The narration of this novel is what makes it so fun and easy to read. The Hating Game will make you laugh and can become a great comfort-read!

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll- A classic that everyone has heard of, but you may not have revisited recently. Reading Alice in Wonderland will spark your imagination and give you a fun escape from the real world as you meet the eccentric cast of characters in Wonderland, a place where there are no rules.

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie- A classic mystery novel that you won’t be able to stop reading. 10 strangers are invited to stay on a mysterious island and soon begin to drop dead one by one. This book will play with your mind as you try to figure out who the killer is.

Reya Ekeh

Sacred Heart '24

My name is Reya and I am a sophomore psychology major at Sacred Heart University:)