This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Getting personal 

Graduation Year: 2017

Major: Exercise Science/PT

Hometown: Manalapan, NJ 

Involvements on Campus: Men’s Volleyball team and member of the SAAC Executive Board 

Relationship Status: Happily taken 

The Juice 

Five things necessary for your survival: 

1. A competitive game of tennis 

2. A crisp pair of slacks 

3. Healthy amount of water 

4. Linda’s bacon egg and cheese 

5. A good stretch 

The Good Stuff

Women Crush Wednesday: Celine Dion 

Most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl: Wrote a note to her in the snow for Valentine’s Day.  I have also planned a romantic night on the beach under the stars with a picnic for a girl. 

Spirit Animal: Meerkat 

Guilty pleasure: Watching the show “Awkward.” with my mother. (Brownie points! We love Awkward).

What would you be without your degree? Degree-less  

Quick Q&A 

TR: Why did you start playing volleyball?

DD: For the girls, isn’t it obvious?

TR: Sounds like you’re about to get a lot of new fans. How has being a part of the SHU FAM (volleyball team) shaped you into the person/player you are today? 

DD: I always say that I see myself in my friends, meaning I am becoming who I hang out with…and I hang out with some fabulous people, ipso facto I’m fabulous. 

TR: I would have to say you are pretty fabulous indeed. How do you predict your season will go?

DD: I am very excited to see what we can do this year. We have an unreal amount of potential and a spectacular work ethic.  

There you have it ladies, watch out for Doug on campus or check him out on the volleyball court this January! 

Tori Romano

Sacred Heart

Fashion and Digital Marketing major at Sacred Heart University. Tori's a member of the sorority Zeta Tau Alpha and SHU dance company. You can find her jamming to Sam Smith or snapping pics of anything and everything.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.