Campus Celebrity: Art Club President, Kaitlyn Kreitzman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Name: Kaitlyn Kreitzman

Year: Senior

Major/Minor: Graphic Design & Illustration

Hometown: Kings Park, NY

Extracurricular Activities: Art Club president, Student Government, Alpha Delta Pi Sorority.

Personal Motto: “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.” – Minor Myers Junior.

Favorite place on campus: This is a tie between the gym and Red’s.

How did you get involved in Art Club?  What does art mean to you?

Art Club didn’t exist at SHU my freshman year, but it was a club a few years before that. Sophomore year, a bunch of students who used to be in Art Club wanted to bring it back. I was very excited about this because I LOVE art and am super passionate about other people expressing themselves through art. Art is such an awesome way to express oneself and relieve stress. A lot of people I knew also loved to craft and draw but weren’t art majors, so they never thought they’d have a place to do what they love. When I became the VP my junior year, we tried to get more involvement in our club. This year, with the help of my awesome executive board, we have a great amount of involvement and really have held some great events this semester so far! 

What is the Art Club here at SHU all about and what are some things the club does on campus?  

The Art Club allows people to get together every other week and create fun Pinterest crafts that we find! We promote “random acts of art” and just try and make a nice stress relieving activity for majors of all kinds to join!

What are some activities and events the Art Club participates in and/or has on campus?  

So far, we have had some awesome crafts that we have made in art club such as flower art, tissue paper garland and candy corn garland. We held a very successful “paint and sip night” at the coffeehouse on campus! We also held Halloween face painting as a fundraiser, which was really successful and led to great feedback! We will also be holding a paint night at Red’s and another paint night partnered with Relay for Life. We will also be partnering up with BuildOn to host a yoga night fundraiser for our clubs. We are participating in the “Confidence with Heart” week ran by Panhellenic Council and will be hosting a Pictionary meeting Thursday, Novevmber twelfth at 10:10 pm in HC217 to promote confidence in women.

What is your favorite thing about being the Art Club president and what are some of your duties?

Being Art Club president allows me to get really creative. For the position, I figure out what we would like to do for the semester craft-wise and try to determine if we would like to have themes for different events/holidays. But, I could not do it without my E-Board. We work as a team to brainstorm what we would like to do for fundraising, meetings and events.

Is there anything else we should know about you?

I am a yoga teacher at L.A. Fitness. I also teach private classes and classes for clubs on campus.

If you are interested in joining the Art Club, send Kaitlyn an email: kreitzmank@mail.sacredheart.edu!

Sophomore Social Work major From Long Island, NY Member of Alpha Delta Pi (Theta Rho) at SHU Loves fashion and binge watching movies and TV
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.