Foods to Try for Suhoor This Ramadan

It's that time of year again. It's Ramadan!

You might be asking yourself this question: what is Ramadan?

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. It is considered the holiest month of the year for Muslims. During Ramadan, Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset and this symbolizes self-control, gratitude, and compassion for the less fortunate. It's a month of intense spiritual rejuvenation with a heightened focus on devotion. During this time, Muslims spend extra time reading the Qur’an and performing special prayers.

Suhoor is the meal you eat before your fast starts at pre-dawn. Eating healthy during Suhoor is super important because its the only thing you've eaten until Iftar which is the time you break your fast. 

Here are my favorite recipes and go-to meals for Suhoor!
  1. This is a more simple breakfast meal. I am not a breakfast person, so I like eating something simple like toast or cereal. A meal to help you stay full throughout the day and until Iftar. It's hard eating a full breakfast meal when you’re super tired and want to go back to bed, but this meal is a must-try!

2. I love drinking smoothies and this is a delicious and fruity breakfast option. It's sweet, rich and packed with vitamins. Also, you can alternate the fruits and add whatever you want. You can have a green smoothie bowl or you can go for a sweet taste and add a variety of fruits such as bananas and strawberries. I love adding coconut milk, bananas, strawberries, spinach and topping it off with coconut pieces or granola.

Be sure to check out lifestyle YouTube star Daniella M. Biah’s YouTube channel and become a subscriber. Check out her Ramadan videos that include recipes that are easy and convenient for everyone.

Good luck on fasting this year and make it count. Ramadan Mubarak!