jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jazmin quaynor RBtPAOgHxuI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Outfits For Date Night On A Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

It’s Friday night and you are getting ready for a night out on the town! Well… if you are just like me, you never plan your outfits until the last minute and while digging through a full closet of clothes- there’s nothing to wear even though there’s a brand new pair of shoes in a box. Sometimes, I do try to plan my outfits, but when I get dressed, I end up not liking the style thus changing my mind anyways. Sigh… After experiencing this routine multiple times, I started to shop for staple pieces of clothing. By doing so, I have saved time and frustration because now I am able to mix and match my clothes in a way I feel confident for any occasion! I’m sure you already have some cute outfits in your closet, but need some guidance on how to make it fashionably cute. To get inspiration on your next date night look, check out my ideas below.

1. Playing It Casual and Cool

Photo Courtesy of pixabay.com

You don’t need to try so hard for that perfect outfit. Instead, wear a cute shirt dress with a pair of Vans sneakers or ballet flats. This outfit can even be dressed up with cute accessories like a embroidered cross body bag, a thin belt or a pair of dangling earrings. If you are feeling extra, pair your dress with heels or thigh high boots. You can even change your look as dressed up or keeping it as simple as you like. Don’t forget to grab your favorite lipstick color for that kissable date night!

2. Mix It Up with Prints & Patterns

Photo Courtesy of Valeria Boltneva

Fortunately, we live in sunny Cali where the weather is always on the warmer side so you can wear skinny jeans with a fun graphic tee and still look super cute. My favorite accessory to wear is my embroidered bomber jacket because it’s lightweight and perfect for those chilly nights. You can also add your own favorite accessories to pair with your outfit to fit your date’s activities!  

3. DIY Shoes

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

For a fun DIY project, grab your besties and give your old, boring shoes a fun makeover! A simple pair of shoes can totally step up any outfit without having to break the bank. It’s so simple to transform a pair of heels, sneakers or flats to totally new kicks! You will definitely stand out on your date night with these DIY shoe tips.

4. Always Accessorize

Photo Courtesy of Kat Smith

I love wearing accessories because it adds something extra to any outfit! My other favorite go to accessories are charm bracelets because each charm has a story to tell about my favorite things. You can pick your favorite items too whether it’s a purse, hat, necklace, earrings, or whatever it is and match it to spice up your look! Tip: Choker necklaces are great for off the shoulder tops and layering necklaces are perfect with t-shirts because it makes the outfit look proportional without going overboard. 

5. Makeup & Hair Ideas

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

The final look, which can make or break your whole outfit depends on how you style your hair and on which eyeshadow you choose. For your makeup and hair, it doesn’t have to be taken that serious unless you are an expert in these areas then you do you, boo. For me, I usually take too long to get ready so I just settle doing simple techniques. My favorite is to contour my strongest facial features. The contour tool I use is NYX Wonder Stick because it’s a highly pigmented, dynamic duo, which easily blends in the highlighter and contour. It’s perfect to use the Wonder Stick after you already applied your foundation then seal it with a translucent powder. Afterwards, apply your favorite eyeshadow and finish with eyeliner for a sultry look. For hairstyles, there are so many many playful looks to wear! You can dress it up or down by adding curls, beachy waves, braids and more. For more beauty inspiration, check out these tips here.

Whatever you decide to wear, I am sure you will look fabulous! Just keep in mind to match your date’s activities with your outfit so you can be prepared to experience the excited of date night without the possibility of being embarrassed.  Of course, don’t forget to snap a pic before you go out so you can post it on Instagram and remember the look for next ime. You got this girl, now go have fun!

Guinnevere King

Sacramento '18

.