This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

Nostalgia is a funny thing; A certain smell can trigger it or maybe even seeing the word “elementary” will make you think of an assignment in first grade that you hated. Something that always triggers nostalgia are TV shows; Shows from your childhood that always put a smile on your face and remind you of good times.

Here are 10 TV shows you can stream to take you back to your childhood:

1. Rugrats on Hulu

We all know that Tommy was a bad*ss and could talk Chuckie into just about anything. Rewatching this series now, you’ll catch a lot of jokes and sexual innuendos that went over your head as a kid.

2. H2O: Just Add Water on Netflix

Don’t act like you didn’t swim around pretending to be a mermaid in a secret hideaway lagoon after watching this show. With three strong female leads and the promise of a beautiful paradise where you can swim with dolphins, you wonder why this series ever ended.

3. Jimmy Neutron on Hulu

Admit it, you always wanted to try “Krunch Time,” but all you can still do is rewatch this show and wonder how Sheen and Carl ever befriended Jimmy. Let’s also mention how Cindy and Libby were also amazing female role models.  

4. Danny Phantom on Hulu

My first crush was Danny Phantom, it was something about those glowing green eyes. This show was a piece of gold that ended too soon, but thankfully you can still stream it and hope your future beau looks just like Danny.

5. Charmed on Netflix

A lot of people grew up watching this with their parents. It was a wholesome family show that made me believe I had powers. It was like the Halloweentown of TV shows, except only better because the love between the sisters is palpable.

6. Sabrina the Teenage Witch on Hulu

Although The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is amazing, nothing will ever beat our original witch. Let’s not forget everyone’s favorite talking sassy cat is what made this show as amazing as it was, though Hilda was underrated and better.

7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu

I wanted to be Buffy growing up. She was a bad*ss with the coolest job ever! Too bad you can’t major in vampire hunting. If you want to relive your vampire phase, this is the way to go.

8. Total Drama Island on Netflix

This show was wild and has shaped my humor so much, I mean can we talk about all the interns who had to do those crazy stunts? And not to mention this was created by the same people who created 6Teen and Stoked.

9. My Babysitter’s a Vampire on Netflix

From Vanessa Morgan being everyone’s girl crush to the intro song “Girl Next Door,” this show was amazing. Everyone complains that it didn’t last long enough, and that’s for sure. Not to mention that it ended on a cliffhanger.

10. My Life as a Teenage Robot on Hulu

This show had weird energy, but I resonated with it. It was the best; It had humor, action and robots. What wasn’t there to love about this show?

Kayla Brown

Sacramento '20

Kayla was born and raised in Santa Clarita, California. She transferred to Sacramento State with a major in Journalism and a minor in Digital Communications and Information. She aspires to be a social media manager for companies or become a travel journalist to pursue her lifelong dream of traveling the world. When she isn't in class Kayla can be found in the kitchen practicing the skills she learned in advanced cooking classes. You can also find her editing videos, writing or reading.