This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Finals are almost over and so is the first semester of school. You finally have an opportunity to spend time with your friends and family without the added stress of school, and indulge in comfort foods! You can go home and eat amazing foods that will leave you feeling full and content with life. Here are a few:

Apple Pie

This desert is no doubt everyone’s favourite. Not only does it have a nice and crispy outside, but it’s filled with warm and soft caramelized apples. Don’t forget to top it off with vanilla ice cream.

Macaroni and Cheese

There’s no going wrong with mac and cheese! Creamy and cheesy pasta fills your tummy and leaves you with a heart warming contentment. You can even add toppings such as bacon bits, green onions, chives and many more.

Chicken Noodle Soup

Chicken noodle soup may be basic, but it’s a crowd pleaser. Savoury flavours and warmth travel down and creates a cozy sensation.

Milkshake

You can always look forward to a sweet and cool milkshake. There’s an endless variety of flavours like strawberry, oreo, and mint chocolate!

Cheesecake

Cheesecake is a crowd pleaser! It’s a classic! From New York style to Black Forest, there’s different flavours of cheesecake that can appeal to everyone. Variety doesn’t just stop there; you can get a regular graham cracker crust, oreo cookie crust and many more. Not to mention fruit toppings.

Pizza

Pizza is the best man made invention! It’s the perfect combination of cheese, tomato sauce and bread. Not to mention the toppings that are available. There is pepperoni, chicken, mushrooms, onions and anything else! Not only that, but instead of tomato sauce pizza, you can get BBQ sauce based and more.

French Toast

French toast is one of the best breakfast there is. Bread soaked in a cinnamon, egg, milk and vanilla mixture, fried on a skillet, topped with maple syrup, powdered sugar and fruits is mouth watering!

Hot Chocolate

A night in with a warm chocolatey drink is the best thing ever! You can have your mug of hot chocolate, topped with marshmallows and whipped cream, while watching a movie with your friends creates for a very relaxed and comforting atmosphere. A cinnamon stick is the crowning touch.

Poutine

Arguably the most Canadian food, it is also the best! A combination of fries, cheese and gravy is very satisfying. Poutine can even have extra toppings, such as bacon and green onions.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate chip cookies are a must. They can be warm and soft, or cool and hard, and pairing it with a glass of milk is always pleasing! You can even have some raw cookie dough which is equally as satisfying; just make sure it’s eggless.

Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.
Lena Lahalih

Toronto MU

Lena is a fourth year English major at Ryerson University and this year's Editor-in-Chief.   You can follow her on Twitter: @_LENALAHALIH