This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

We’re back with episode two of Girl to Girl!

Before we get into this episode, there are a few things we want to mention. 

First, this episode was recorded before the recent and disturbing attacks that have transpired against members of the RSJ community. We want to reiterate that at Her Campus, and at Girl to Girl we foster a safe space where there is no room for any discrimination against LGBTQIA2S+ and BIPOC folks. We continue to stand in solidarity with our minority students, writers and journalists and are in awe of the strength that our community has shown during these trying times. This episode may not be directly related to the hurt that our community is feeling, but it is about healing and self-acceptance, and if you’re looking for a few minutes to catch your breath and feel validated, give this a listen. 

Second, we want to mention a TW: this episode explores topics of body image and weight that may be distressing. If these are topics that may affect you at this time, please consider listening to this episode at a later time.

This podcast is a production of Her Campus Ryerson and is a safe space where we delve into all of the tips and tricks you need to shatter glass ceilings.

In today’s episode, we talk about the new year, but hold on, not in the way that you think! 

We explore all the new goals and intentions that have worked so far and what we need to leave behind in 2020. 

*If you struggle with setting realistic goals/intentions and being more gentle with yourself, this might be the episode for you!*

Lastly, we get into the toxicity that comes with the notion of ‘losing that holiday weight’ and how some companies use our insecurities for their own capital gain. 

We’re constantly looking for new ideas to cover and if you have any tips on what you would like to hear from us, reach out! Follow us on Instagram and Twitter to keep up with our latest content and updates.

With all that being said, check out our podcast on Spotify and Anchor!

Our hosts and producers are Zainab Zulfikarali Damji and Dania Ali. Our sound editors are Riley Martin, Heejin Kim and Emma St John. 

Until next time!

Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.
Zainab is a 4th-year journalism student from Dubai, UAE who is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at Ryerson. When she's not taking photos for her Instagram or petting dogs on the street, she's probably watching a rom-com on Netflix or journaling! Zainab loves The Bold Type and would love to work for a magazine in New York City someday! Zainab is a feminist and fierce advocate against social injustice - she hopes to use her platform and writing to create change in the world, one article at a time.