Style

Trends I’ll Be Sporting This Season To Emulate My Period Drama Dreams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

Bridgerton, Little Women, Pride and Prejudice, The Queen’s Gambit – all showcase enchanting fashion from different eras. Below, you will find some clothing items that you can incorporate into your wardrobe to look like you stepped right off the set of a period drama.

Corsets

Corsets are all the rage right now and come in a variety of styles and colours. They’re very flattering and look great on everybody. Check them out.

Pearls

Wearing pearls is always a good choice. Pearls emit a classy, royal feel. They can dress up any outfit and be worn on every occasion, adding a hint of elegance to your look.

Puff Sleeves

Dramatic sleeves are always a good choice. They add character, class and sophistication to an otherwise ordinary outfit.

Floral Print

The vintage floral prints featured in period dramas are sweet and elegant. They’ll make you feel like taking a stroll through a royal garden on a sunny day or basking in the sun next to a stream.

Lace

Lace can be spotted everywhere in period dramas, from sleepwear to gloves— there’s no denying its prominence. This fabric is dainty, romantic and risque, and can be incorporated to elevate any look.

Sakina Chaudary

Toronto MU '24

Fourth year journalism student based in Toronto.
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.