Toronto Coffee Shops You Need to Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

A-OK Cafe 

1. With two locations in the city, this isn’t your average coffee shop. It is affiliated with the Canadian retail brand Aritzia. Walking along Bloor West, I discovered this cafe, and though it was tiny it did not disappoint. I ordered an iced vanilla latte and it had the perfect espresso-to-vanilla syrup ratio. Plus, a neon sign didn’t hurt for a photo op. The cool thing about this place is that they have a “no laptop” policy, which normally I’d be against, but sometimes it can be nice to unwind in a place where laptops are out of sight. 

Neo Coffee Bar 

1. Two locations are available: one on Frederick St and the other on Bay St. This is a Japanese-infused cafe, selling java drinks, Japanese-style pastries & sandwiches.
  2. I ordered a vanilla latte and it was delicious. I also grabbed a butter croissant that I wasn’t a personal fan of. The aesthetic of this place serves minimalistic vibes and the tables are quite small so you’ll only be able to place your laptop on it.  

Found Coffee

1. Found Coffee, what a gem! Located at College and Spadina, this coffee shop is magical. I first visited this place in August and grabbed an iced mocha plus avocado toast. It did not disappoint. The owner and baristas are friendly and they always explain the ingredients inside the drinks they are serving you. The people running this coffee shop are passionate about building a community and selling good coffee. This place won’t disappoint you, though I don’t come here enough!

The Sonndr 

1. The Sonndr, a recent discovery of mine that feels like a coffee oasis away from the hustle of downtown. I will admit, I want to gatekeep this place, mainly because of how “lowkey” it is. Located at Dovercourt House, this place will satisfy all of your interior dreams. Whoever picked out the furniture and magazines did an incredible job. I like this place because it feels spacious and it is a great spot to hang out with friends or get work done.
Sonia Tumkur is currently studying journalism and double minoring in public relations and sociology at Toronto Metropolitan University. She is interested in all things social and tech and can't live without her daily cup of coffee. In her spare time, you can find her going on a run or exploring Toronto coffee shops.