Toronto-Based Modest Fashion Influencers You Need to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

The modest fashion industry has grown rapidly over the past few years. In 2015, the industry made over $44 billion in just one year, according to Forbes, and that number is still increasing everyday. For women of many faiths, dressing modestly is something that is pivotal but sometimes it can be hard to know where to start. Here are a few modest fashion influencers that serve some major outfit inspiration for any look you’re going for!

Jasmine Fares – @jasminefares

Jasmine is a 25-year-old content creator and influencer from Hamilton, ON with over 250k followers on Instagram. Her content revolves around fashion, lifestyle and travel, with the occasional vlog alongside her husband, Dawoud. Her Instagram feed has a really cohesive aesthetic and many of her outfits feature neutral, cool tone colours, making them versatile and easy to adapt to any season. 

Saima Khan – @saimascorner

Saima, also known as Saima’s Corner, is an influencer from Toronto who posts about fashion, beauty and travel. Her content has a lot of modest fashion outfit inspiration and she works with companies worldwide to show her followers that you can dress fashionable while being modest at the same time. Her style is very colourful, feminine and bohemian, featuring lots of dresses, flowy skirts and pastel-coloured hijabs to match. 

Nemah Hasan – @nemahsis

If you’re looking for modest street-style inspiration, definitely check out Nemah’s account. Her style can be described as avant-garde and chic, and she posts a variety of different outfit ideas on her Instagram. She’s also known for wearing bold and dramatic makeup looks to compliment her outfits, making her look straight off the runway. She’s a big fan of different types of art and showcases her passion through her fashion, makeup and music posts on Instagram and Tiktok

Lamyaa Bouzida – @_laaam

Lamyaa’s account is all about elegance and glamour. Many of her posts feature flowy dresses, statement accessories and chiffon hijabs to tie it all together. Her style is very colourful and vibrant and that definitely shines through in her outfit pictures. Her account gives inspiration for virtually any kind of fashion vibe, from casual to classy and everywhere in between. She’s also a mom to an adorable boy, who occasionally makes a cameo on her account. 

Asmaa Toor

Toronto MU '21

Asmaa is a fourth-year journalism student at Ryerson. You can usually find her spending time with her friends or trying out new glam makeup looks. She loves all things journalism and writes about just anything and everything, from beauty to business to current affairs. You can catch her on Instagram @asmaatoor.
Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.